Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspicous Listing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here from Oregon? - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

...Update: Surprise, surprise, they don't exist at the given address!

I first became suspicious by their very low prices and after a bit of digging found their web site is hosted in China and their IP address originates in Khazakstan.
thumbsdown.gif.pagespeed.ce.Aay0jGkDkE.gif

All SLKworlders, please spread the news on these guys so no friends or relatives get taken in by them and lose any money!

It just goes to show that anything in this world that appears to be too good to be true probably is...

hail.gif.pagespeed.ce.PKqybR2Dbe.gif
Many thanks to Greg (Beekster) for taking the time to drive over to check this place out.
thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.t_qHhiLIdn.gif

Jeffrey Stevens
Sales Manager
K & D Auto
4155 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005
Phone: (503) 928-7908
Fax: (503) 206-0924
www.kndautodealers.com
[email protected]

It looks like 4155 SW Cedar Hills Blvd is some kind of data center / internet POP...
Carrier Directory | Networks Cloud
Verizon Communications Inc. Business Profile in Beaverton, OR | Credibility.com
FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS, 4155 SW CEDAR HILLS BLVD, BEAVERTON, Oregon (OR) - Company Profile

Last edited:
Total scam, all the signs are there: Price is too good to be true, fake business listing plus digital breadcrumbs leading overseas. That, plus a request for a bank wire, is all you need to run away.

But if you are still hoping that it's for real (it isn't), just tell him you happen to have a friend who lives nearby and wants to see the car in person. That should do the trick.

Total scam, all the signs are there: Price is too good to be true, fake business listing plus digital breadcrumbs leading overseas. That, plus a request for a bank wire, is all you need to run away.

But if you are still hoping that it's for real (it isn't), just tell him you happen to have a friend who lives nearby and wants to see the car in person. That should do the trick.

^^^This.

You people (about half of the responders so far) have GOT to be kidding me!!!! THIS STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN of fraud!!! "Wire the funds and then we'll get the sales ball rolling" - so to speak. Good grief!

Please wire me the funds - to my Lagos account - instead. I've got this fantastic bridge that is a far better investment for you than no stinkin' Tesla.

You people (about half of the responders so far) have GOT to be kidding me!!!! THIS STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN of fraud!!! "Wire the funds and then we'll get the sales ball rolling" - so to speak. Good grief!

Please wire me the funds - to my Lagos account - instead. I've got this fantastic bridge that is a far better investment for you than no stinkin' Tesla.
That's not what I read at all, what I read was that he'd be happy to do things in person, except that the buyer specifically requested that the transaction be done out of state. There's no way I'd ship my car out of state without having money in hand first!

If you're worried about a scam (which I haven't yet seen evidence of) it's easy, go do the transaction in person. If he refuses, THEN I'd say it's a scam, but until he refuses that offer it sounds legit to me. As for where the website is hosted, that's completely irrelevant to anything in this day and age, my website is hosted out of country, it's cheaper, that doesn't mean I'm a fraud, just that I don't feel like spending more on my hosting bill than I need to.

When I called I did just that. I told him that I would be flying there Saturday to check it out and he said "I have a lot of people interested in it and it may not be here Saturday." I responded "That's fine I work till Friday so if it is sold by then then so be it there are others for sale."

In regards to him having an accent this is my opinion and you can call me a racist if you'd like but it furthers my suspicions as far as scams go when someone trying to sell me something has a heavy accent. I am that way because the majority of scam artists online seem to be from overseas.

On the plus side next month I'm going to be test driving a Tesla just outside Chicago and will be looking into inventory models at that point. Is the only way of finding info on inventory models through the dealership? I asked about it but he said that we'd just check into them after the test drive.

WOW... I just Googled K & D Auto's phone number and came up with this thread. Yes, this guy is a scam artist. A friend and I have been looking at a 35 foot diesel motor home he has listed. Same BS. Send him money and he will supposedly ship the vehicle. Tell him you are coming up there and the vehicle is going to be sold the day before. Run, don't walk.

This same dealer had a Jayco RV for sale. Once he knew I would not put up money before personally viewing and inspecting the RV, he stopped communicating with me. It is obviously a scam. Good thing you didn't fall for it!!

Online car sale scams are too numerous to keep track of. eBay and Craigslist are full of them. In most cases, common sense on the prospective buyers part can identify them.

If the seller gives a long story about why the car is not available for inspection, it's a scam.

If the price is well below the average market price for comparable vehicles, it's a scam.

If the seller wants the money without letting you or your appointed representative inspect the car, it's a scam.

In most cases it's not hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.