Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SUVs with panoramic sunroof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's winter and the model X hasn't been out thru a summer yet, but can anyone conjecture how much the large windshield will allow heat issues on hot sunny days? I currently have an SUV with a panoramic sunroof that allows a lot of heat in during the summer and I am able to close the shade on hot sunny days. Is it tinted as you look upward? I'm really attracted by experience that the the openness that the large windshield gives you.

It's quite heavily tinted, and, I suspect given the reddish look when wet, polarized as you go past the curve in the class. I believe, unlike many cheaper cars with sun/moon roofs that there's an insulating layer in there as well to prevent excessive heat.

I know it's winter and the model X hasn't been out thru a summer yet, but can anyone conjecture how much the large windshield will allow heat issues on hot sunny days? I currently have an SUV with a panoramic sunroof that allows a lot of heat in during the summer and I am able to close the shade on hot sunny days. Is it tinted as you look upward? I'm really attracted by experience that the the openness that the large windshield gives you.
I'd say it's not going to be too different from the Model S with panoramic roof so get people's opinions on that (of which there are many). Also, there is a rumor that a sunshade will be released for the X for those who are extra-sensitive to light, or those who just want a little extra shade on bright sunny days. There's already a slot for it in the edges of the headliner above the windshield.