TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

SUVs with panoramic sunroof

Discussion in 'Model X' started by GTom, Jan 29, 2016.

1. GTom

GTom New Member

Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    I know it's winter and the model X hasn't been out thru a summer yet, but can anyone conjecture how much the large windshield will allow heat issues on hot sunny days? I currently have an SUV with a panoramic sunroof that allows a lot of heat in during the summer and I am able to close the shade on hot sunny days. Is it tinted as you look upward? I'm really attracted by experience that the the openness that the large windshield gives you.
  2. pvogel

pvogel Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Santa Clara, CA
    It's quite heavily tinted, and, I suspect given the reddish look when wet, polarized as you go past the curve in the class. I believe, unlike many cheaper cars with sun/moon roofs that there's an insulating layer in there as well to prevent excessive heat.
  3. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Aug 2, 2013
    New York, NY
    I'd say it's not going to be too different from the Model S with panoramic roof so get people's opinions on that (of which there are many). Also, there is a rumor that a sunshade will be released for the X for those who are extra-sensitive to light, or those who just want a little extra shade on bright sunny days. There's already a slot for it in the edges of the headliner above the windshield.