Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW acting whacky.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SW has been acting strange of late. Anyone else having issues?

A couple of weeks back, the screen wasn’t lighting up immediately upon opening the door. Then it locked up on me when I put the car in reverse (black screen) and I had to reboot in my driveway.

Just did another SW update on Sunday. Earlier this week, sentry mode went off on me opening my rear door in a parking lot. When I got home the car honked and beeped at me (the way sentry mode does) when I put it in park in my garage (note: home is excluded from sentry mode). Yesterday, the trunk wouldn’t open when I pressed the trunk button on the rear - had to open a door first before it would work - sentry mode went off on me in the process.

Power cycle the car - p. 52 in the manual:
Power Cycling the Vehicle
If your vehicle demonstrates unusual behavior or a nondescript alert is present, you can try power cycling the vehicle to potentially resolve the issue.
1. Shift into Park.
2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off .
3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
4. After two minutes have passed, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

Reactions: Kevy Baby
giphy.gif

That is whacky. Reboot the thing by holding the scroll wheel buttons.