Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW/Firmware: Model S Apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, because having the software guys working on apps is going to take away from the car... The first car shipping with a full apps platform would also be eye-opening. It's not just one thing in the car that makes it what it is.
It certainly can, yes. Tesla isn't a big company with broad resources that can absorb frivolous investments.
If they have spare resources, they should be aligned with X or Gen 3 or whatever.

If we start seeing "Angry Birds, Tesla Edition" with direct involvement by anyone at Tesla in an official capacity, it's time to start planning your exit strategy on the stock.

It certainly can, yes. Tesla isn't a big company with broad resources that can absorb frivolous investments.
If they have spare resources, they should be aligned with X or Gen 3 or whatever.

If we start seeing "Angry Birds, Tesla Edition" with direct involvement by anyone at Tesla in an official capacity, it's time to start planning your exit strategy on the stock.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I doubt we'll have to worry about them wasting their time on any apps that aren't actually utilities. Of course, some might do other apps on their own time, but I hope not until TM is very firmly established.

Brian had a good suggestion. A competition app. Log and keep like a video game.

Best Miles Per Charge (MPC)
Fastest drain
Fastest top speed
longest travel
consistency
acceleration
etc.

Would be the first one I'd buy.

Brian had a good suggestion. A competition app. Log and keep like a video game.

Best Miles Per Charge (MPC)
Fastest drain
Fastest top speed
longest travel
consistency
acceleration
etc.

Would be the first one I'd buy.

Gliders (soaring) pilots log their flights too, and at the end of the year there is a winner!
The one that flew the longest distance on a day, and one that got the highest flight!
their route can be showed on google-maps

For longest route, I'd consider starting from the Denver airport and driving east on US-36. Straight and slightly downhill for about 500 miles to St. Joseph -- puttering along at 35mph on a windy day (wind from the west, of course, pushing), you could go a long way. (I'm not sure what you do when you run out of charge, though; presumably have a flat-bed tow truck, but that would be an ignominious way to end!)

Last edited:
I would like to see Apps for some home automation products. These are already operable by smart phone.

Craftsman AssureLink™ Internet Connected DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Backup
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10155_12602_00903043000P?vName=Storage+%26+Garage&cName=Garage+%26+Work+Area&sName=Garage+Door+Openers&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=L2

The Nest™ Learning Thermostat™
http://www.nest.com/

The tech package supports HomeLink, which works with many garage door openers.