Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW FL Tesla Group (Meet-Up June 29th!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello SW Floridians. My name is Erol, I have already e-mail some of you about possibly getting together in the Ft. Myers or Estero area for lunch or dinner. It would be great to get to know my fellow Tesla owners, fans, and enthusiast even better. Larry has done a great job organizing Florida events but has encouraged us to organize our own local gatherings. I have received feed back with suggestions of Coconut Point, Gulf Coast Town Center (future site of Supercharger), or Hyatt at Coconut Point. If you have any thoughts of dates, times, places, or interest in a meet up I would love to hear from you on this thread. I'm going to throw out a suggestion of Ruth Chris or The Grape at Coconut Point on June 15th or 29th at noon. My goal is to maybe have at least quarterly meetings in a different area around SW FL and of course be at the opening of the Supercharger. I am excited about meeting everyone and hope to hear from you soon.

Hello SW Floridians. My name is Erol, I have already e-mail some of you about possibly getting together in the Ft. Myers or Estero area for lunch or dinner. It would be great to get to know my fellow Tesla owners, fans, and enthusiast even better. Larry has done a great job organizing Florida events but has encouraged us to organize our own local gatherings. I have received feed back with suggestions of Coconut Point, Gulf Coast Town Center (future site of Supercharger), or Hyatt at Coconut Point. If you have any thoughts of dates, times, places, or interest in a meet up I would love to hear from you on this thread. I'm going to throw out a suggestion of Ruth Chris or The Grape at Coconut Point on June 15th or 29th at noon. My goal is to maybe have at least quarterly meetings in a different area around SW FL and of course be at the opening of the Supercharger. I am excited about meeting everyone and hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Erol,

Thank you so much for taking the lead in the Ft. Myers area! Hopefully other club members will follow your lead in other regions.

Mary Ellen and I can make either date, but I'd prefer June 15th since its my birthday. :redface:

I checked trip advisor and The Grape at Coconut Point is now called The South Fork Grill. 23161 Village Shops Way, Suite 113, Estero, FL; Telephone: 239-992-5040. It received great reviews.

Noon works good for us.

Your idea of a future Supercharger meet-up, is well...Super!! I think it would draw a fairly large club turnout.

Regards,

Larry

I'm glad to see some interest for a gathering soon. Larry I am open to the 15th so we can have a celebration at the same time. LOL. Yes The Grape did change their name and I have been there several times. I like the atmosphere, food, and wine. On most Saturday nights they have live music. For those that may want to make a weekend out of it, the Hyatt Place Coconut Point (23120 Via Villagio, Estero, Florida, 33928, Tel: 239 495 1395) has really nice rooms for as low as $83 per night. The beautiful Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa has rooms starting at $179 per night. (5001 Coconut Road, Bonita Springs, Florida, 34134, Tel: 239 444 1234)

I'd like to join you folks on the 15th, but it looks like I'm going to be visiting a client in Ft Myers on Thursday the 13th for a day trip in the Model S. They are the premier ground transportation company in Ft Myers and I plan to charge up at their shop for the return trip since the Superchargers are not ready yet. The proposed location will be very near their offices making it convenient for future trips to the area. Happy Birthday in advance Larry!

Yes, hopefully we can make (help with) the Supercharger grand opening when it occurs - maybe movie night at your place after??? It sure was great the last time :biggrin:

Steve.

I'd like to join you folks on the 15th, but it looks like I'm going to be visiting a client in Ft Myers on Thursday the 13th for a day trip in the Model S. They are the premier ground transportation company in Ft Myers and I plan to charge up at their shop for the return trip since the Superchargers are not ready yet. The proposed location will be very near their offices making it convenient for future trips to the area. Happy Birthday in advance Larry!

Yes, hopefully we can make (help with) the Supercharger grand opening when it occurs - maybe movie night at your place after??? It sure was great the last time :biggrin:

Steve.

Steve,

Thanks for the early Happy Birthday, but at my age we don't want to rush things. :wink:

A movie night on the return from the Ft. Myers Supercharger event sounds good. You can spend the night if that makes things more convenient.

Yesterday I contacted George Blankenship requesting that if Tesla plans to have a Grand Opening Celebration would his marketing people provide me some advance notice so we can organize an enthusiastic turnout. I received a prompt response. As to be expected his response was upbeat, but noncommittal since I doubt he personally has put any thoughts to planning opening events yet. They are going to have hundreds of openings so it might be difficult for them to guarantee a particular Grand Opening Celebration.

He told me he'd see me at TESLIVE. Assuming there are no Supercharger openings by mid-July, I'l get a chance to remind him of my request. :biggrin:

Larry

Even if TM doesn't have an official grand opening we can make it into something big. I'm sure the press will be there when they get word of it. It would be amazing to see a bunch of MS and Roadsters there to support it. Steve I'm sorry to hear that the 15th won't work for you. I'm open to any time so if others feel like the 15th is not possible we will have a belated bday celebration. Lol.

Even if TM doesn't have an official grand opening we can make it into something big. I'm sure the press will be there when they get word of it. It would be amazing to see a bunch of MS and Roadsters there to support it.

Erol,

Absolutely! Sorry if I wasn't clear.

It would be ideal if the city, with Tesla representatives in attendance, planned a brief opening event for the local media. If we receive notice we would arrange to have a bunch of Teslas there to support the event. Then we could go to a local restaurant for a celebration and meetup.

If there's no official event, or if we're not made aware of it, we can always plan an independent event.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I just received an email from the Director of Tesla marketing stating that "We will make sure to keep you posted as dates progress."

Larry

Larry,
It must be karma (oops... 8-0) - we 'almost' share a birthday: I'm two days later!
Can't make it on the 15th but 29th is clear on our calendar.
General note for Naples folks (or anyone visiting): At Naples Nissan (just west of I-75, exit 107), they have FOUR Level-2 chargers available for free public use - "Teslas welcome". They happen to be located nearly across the street from several places to eat - very walkable, even for old guys like us... and one of the places is Hooters. Sort of kidding about that, as it's usually too loud for civilized conversation anyway, but the four chargers are a sure draw.
Thanks again to Erol for getting this ball rolling,
Peter / Naples

Larry,
It must be karma (oops... 8-0) - we 'almost' share a birthday: I'm two days later!
Can't make it on the 15th but 29th is clear on our calendar.
General note for Naples folks (or anyone visiting): At Naples Nissan (just west of I-75, exit 107), they have FOUR Level-2 chargers available for free public use - "Teslas welcome". They happen to be located nearly across the street from several places to eat - very walkable, even for old guys like us... and one of the places is Hooters. Sort of kidding about that, as it's usually too loud for civilized conversation anyway, but the four chargers are a sure draw.
Thanks again to Erol for getting this ball rolling,
Peter / Naples

Hi Peter,

We'd be willing to switch to June 29th if that's better for most people.

Thanks for the update on the Naples Nissan chargers. Naples is a public charger wasteland so its good to know we have some options. The problem is that you are lucky to get 20 mph out of a 30amp charger so club members traveling a distance to Naples will need to spend some time at those nearby restaurants. We also have two club members in the Naples area that are members of the Club Charging Network. One has a NEMA 14-50 that will charge at about 30 mph. The other member has a Roadster High Power Connector with an adapter cable for Model Ss. I charged there at 60 mph.

Larry

Hi all,

Just got back from 3 weeks in Germany. Met with VolkerP in Stuttgart and had a good conversation over Tesla and Model S. Also visited the Frankfurt store and saw their test drive vehicle.

Either date would work for us. Round trip on a single charge may be pushing it, so a small charge there might be helpful. Can't wait for the Super Charge to become active.

Last edited:
It sounds like June 29th fits more schedules. I have reached out to Sutherlin Nissan of Ft. Myers (10.9 miles north of Coconut Point) about free charging. I am waiting on the manager to call back. I have also messaged other EV owners in the area that maybe willing to extend their homes to us for possible charging. Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa has an ever greater price at $143 per night that weekend for those that may want to stay, Hyatt Place Coconut Point goes up to $103 per night. I will have more information soon. As we get a little closer I will be asking for a head count in order to make reservations for us. Thanks to all that have responded and if you have any questions about the area or date, please let me know by either responding to this post or sending me a private message.

Erol Brenes

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0500.JPG

Future home to Gulf Coast Town Center, Ft. Myers, FL Supercharger.

- - - Updated - - -

"Thanks again to Erol for getting this ball rolling"

Its my pleasure Peter and thank you for the info on Naples Nissan.

Last edited:
I will be getting HPWC installed at my house prior to 6/29. For those planning to attend the get together at Coconut Point, you are welcome to stop by for a quick charge before heading home. I live about 20-25 min from Coconut Point in Fort Myers. If all goes well, I hope to take delivery of my MS on 6/28 at the Tampa SC. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

I will be getting HPWC installed at my house prior to 6/29. For those planning to attend the get together at Coconut Point, you are welcome to stop by for a quick charge before heading home. I live about 20-25 min from Coconut Point in Fort Myers. If all goes well, I hope to take delivery of my MS on 6/28 at the Tampa SC. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

Please let me know if you would like to join our Club Charging Network.

Larry