Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW limited 60 BMS hacked and shows more than 60 kWh usable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this post on electrek and didn't see it posted here.
Tesla’s hacked Battery Management System exposes the real usable capacity of its battery packs

It looks like a Model X 60D showed around 62.4 kWh usable while the full usable capacity of the 75 kWh pack is around 72.6 kWh...

This makes the SW limited 60 an ever better deal in some sense since every other battery has a lower usable capacity than what its name suggests. Though one thing to realize is that the SW limited 60 models are carrying 75 kWh batteries so the extra weight could need some extra usable energy to compensate (i.e. a true 60 kWh battery would be lighter and a bit more efficient because of the lighter weight).

What do you guys think?

• Informative
Reactions: houstonian
I just saw this post on electrek and didn't see it posted here.
Tesla’s hacked Battery Management System exposes the real usable capacity of its battery packs

It looks like a Model X 60D showed around 62.4 kWh usable while the full usable capacity of the 75 kWh pack is around 72.6 kWh...

This makes the SW limited 60 an ever better deal in some sense since every other battery has a lower usable capacity than what its name suggests. Though one thing to realize is that the SW limited 60 models are carrying 75 kWh batteries so the extra weight could need some extra usable energy to compensate (i.e. a true 60 kWh battery would be lighter and a bit more efficient because of the lighter weight).

What do you guys think?
There is already extensive discussion in this thread started by the person who revealed this information.
Tesla Motors: PLEASE stop lying about specifications (60 to 75 upgrade)