Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap out stock tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe wrong place? Tires are exterior right?

Been reading the reviews on Tirerack for the Conti ProContacts RX, seems like this tire performs terribly in the snow and freezing rain. I’m getting my MYLR soon with the 19 inch wheels and am wondering if I should swap it out to something like the Crossclimate 2. Been eyeing the DWS06+ or Pilot Sport AS4 as well.

I live in the PNW. It usually doesn’t snow much but we had a huge dump of snow recently. Seems like it’s snowing more these past year and the weather is getting more extreme. It’s usually just rainy and icy tho.

Anyone have any experience with the stock 19 inch tires in the snow/ice? I occasionally go up to ski resorts or the mountains and my soon to be gone Impreza with Pilot Sport AS4s goes up there like a champ. When I had the stock Yokohamas, they were slipping and sliding everywhere.

I think tires go under driving dynamics. I was wondering about all seasons for occasional snow use. But the only ones I see are not highly rated for EV range. The crossclimate 2 show a 10% range hit on tire rack.

We should be at the tail end of winter now so you can probably use the stock tires until next winter starts.

There’s definitely better performing tires than what came with the car, but you will take a hit on efficiency/range.

Maybe wrong place? Tires are exterior right?

Been reading the reviews on Tirerack for the Conti ProContacts RX, seems like this tire performs terribly in the snow and freezing rain. I’m getting my MYLR soon with the 19 inch wheels and am wondering if I should swap it out to something like the Crossclimate 2. Been eyeing the DWS06+ or Pilot Sport AS4 as well.

I live in the PNW. It usually doesn’t snow much but we had a huge dump of snow recently. Seems like it’s snowing more these past year and the weather is getting more extreme. It’s usually just rainy and icy tho.

Anyone have any experience with the stock 19 inch tires in the snow/ice? I occasionally go up to ski resorts or the mountains and my soon to be gone Impreza with Pilot Sport AS4s goes up there like a champ. When I had the stock Yokohamas, they were slipping and sliding everywhere.
What did you end up getting? Also in PNW and were not happy with the Y 19" stock tires this year (terrible in the snow!). Did you end up getting new tires?

What did you end up getting? Also in PNW and were not happy with the Y 19" stock tires this year (terrible in the snow!). Did you end up getting new tires?
Nothing actually. Planning to get winters on these rims or something similar. Keeping the stock tires for spring/summer use.