Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap Tesla Accounts between cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you all...

Me and my business partner have Model 3's on order through 2 separate lease companies (don't ask why 2 separate companies, it was a painful experience with our broker!)

So I've ended up with Lease company A (Car A), and My partner company B (Car B). Due to our expected mileage I would like Company B and him company A. On our Tesla Accounts Obviously I have Car A and he has Car B. Is there a way to swap the cars or Tesla accounts?

You want to drive car A, but on Company B's terms? or you just want to swap cars? If the latter, then simplistically just swap cars and tesla logon credentials with each other. But in reality you'll need to negotiate with your lease companies as they'll expect the named lessor to be the driver I would expect, same with insurance.

You want to drive car A, but on Company B's terms? or you just want to swap cars? If the latter, then simplistically just swap cars and tesla logon credentials with each other. But in reality you'll need to negotiate with your lease companies as they'll expect the named lessor to be the driver I would expect, same with insurance.
Just swap cars. They’re both leased to the company rather than us as individuals, and the insurance we can set up to the correct car.

it’s just I wasn’t sure how the Tesla account thing works, obviously you don’t normally have it on your regular car. Because that particular car is sitting in my account waiting to be delivered if it was easy to swap the logon credentials once they’ve arrived?

thanks so much for your reply!