Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping 19” factory rims for 19” 3rd-party rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I am expecting my MYLR next month. I ordered it with 19” wheels because I liked the ride, but I VERY MUCH prefer the look and design of the 20” black Tesla rims. I am contemplating switching out my factory aluminum rims for 19” black Tsportline rims that copy the design of Tesla 20” black rims. Has anyone done this? Are their issues installing the factory tires on the Tsportline rims? Is there a market for the original equipment rims?

I just got a MY with 19" wheels. I am also thinking about swapping them out for the Tsportline 19" TSV wheels(the ones that looks like induction). There should be no issues since they are the same size as the Geminis. You can even use the factory tires on them.

Tires are swappable between any wheel brand out there. Just make sure you're getting the correct wheel width that fits the existing tire, and also make sure the offset of the aftermarket wheels will properly fit onto your car.

Also if you're going that route, by getting new rims to swap out the Gemini wheels, then also reuse the existing BT TPMS sensors on the new wheels, as only those will work on the Model Y. Then when you're all said & done, you'll have a set of Gemini rims & caps that you can get rid of or hang onto.

i heard they werent as light as advertised...
They are pretty close. My Geminis weighed about 30 pounds without tires and my Martians were just under 21 on my scales. I not sure what the "exact" difference is but even the tire guy remarked how much lighter the Martians were than the Geminis.

I love how the Martian looks on the car in the gunmetal color on my car. Not so contrasty as a white/black storm trooper look and a bit more sophisticated.

They are pretty close. My Geminis weighed about 30 pounds without tires and my Martians were just under 21 on my scales. I not sure what the "exact" difference is but even the tire guy remarked how much lighter the Martians were than the Geminis.

I love how the Martian looks on the car in the gunmetal color on my car. Not so contrasty as a white/black storm trooper look and a bit more sophisticated.
I just got my white MYLR with Geminis and have been looking at Martian wheels. Could we see a picture of your car with the gunmetal Martians?

Here are some pics. The car is a little dirty from all the rain and road grime but it will give you an idea of how they look on my white/black MY with the tow hitch on.

IMG_1691.jpg
IMG_1692.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg