Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am planning to visit South Lake Tahoe January 5th-8th. I know COVID, but my family member is here from a place where she never seen snow. So I promised to make it work. We are not going to Ski. Just stay there for a couple days and we will take all precautions. Anyway I drive Model 3P (with summer tires). I don’t want to take my car to Tahoe. Wanted to see if anyone would like to swap cars for a couple days. Looking for something with good range. I know it’s a long shot, but if anyone is interested please let me know. We can take a COVID test before swapping to make it safer.

Probably easier/quicker to get some winter tires?

But not really economical for a San Jose dweller who does not normally drive in snow. I would just Turo it like @Pocky suggested. My niece just Turo'ed a 4x4 Jeep for Yosemite this week. Jan 5th to 8th is after the holidays so prices should not be too bad.

If OP has all season tires, he could just get snow chains and drive there. Most likely he does not even need the chains and could just return them after he comes back.

Reactions: Paul2017
Chains are almost never needed. With AWD and all season tire. Done many trips there in a RX350 without any issues. Roads are swept and unless it’s a very strong storm you won’t need chains. I would bring them for this reason, but don’t think would use. My post was more to see if anyone want to experience model 3P while I take theirs LR for the trip.