Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UThomas

Dec 3, 2014
Dallas, TX
FYI - I had a chance to buy an OEM carbon fiber dash trim kit to swap out with the piano black trim in my 2015 S. I followed the directions here:

How to add a Carbon Fiber Interior Trim to the Model S - TESLARATI.com

The directions were very useful but I found a few spots where I had questions and sorta figured it out. Anyway - the whole process was easier than I thought (took about an hour) for those considering it and I put together a few video clips of the process here that weren't necessarily as clear in some of the written instructions:

Swapping Tesla Model S Trim - YouTube

Cheers-

Thomas

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel

rfmurphy81

Jan 2, 2016
Orange County, CA
Thanks for sharing this. Do you have any final pics showing the after result for your project? I'm curious how it looks before I attempt it. I'm bookmarking this thread so I can try this out when I'm ready to tackle another project. :)

bredi

Jun 9, 2014
San Francisco
Yes, thanks for posting this. As much as I love the Carbon, now I know... I'm gonna stick with my Obeche. ha!

You explained things clearly and THANK YOU for pointing out the "Gotchas"!

UThomas

Dec 3, 2014
Dallas, TX
No problem - glad you guys enjoyed it.

The "after" pic would be OEM - because it looks that way as you would expect (unless I ended up with a few extra screws :))

FrederikC

Teslafied.eu
Jan 21, 2014
Danmark
UThomas, I wrote the guide for teslarati/teslafied.eu, could you tell me what info you were missing so I can correct the article?

UThomas

Dec 3, 2014
Dallas, TX
FrederikC - thanks for making that! For me it was mostly things like "how many screws" or "what exactly is the padded panel under the steering wheel?" I think a few dozen more pictures would have helped me have more confidence on "am I about to break this or are we good?" :) But hopefully this complements it well.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC