Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping Model 3P for X/S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I can tell you is if the rear air is off, and I’m riding in far back, it gets warm. One reason we bought 6 seats was with rear seats flat, lots of air flow between center seats for our labs, and also can turn on rear air too. We rarely need more than 4 seats.

Reactions: mswlogo
Ok , I tried.
If I set far rear vents on, as soon as put in dog mode , seem to shut off. However, another option is keep climate on. If I turn on rear vents and select that option, the rear vents stay on. You just don’t get that nice message on the screen.

Ok , I tried.
If I set far rear vents on, as soon as put in dog mode , seem to shut off. However, another option is keep climate on. If I turn on rear vents and select that option, the rear vents stay on. You just don’t get that nice message on the screen.

Thanks for checking and that's really good to know.

After reading this thread I changed my order from a 5 Seater to a 7 Seater.

6/7 Seater has a larger A/C compressor and separate condenser for the rear vents.
6/7 Seater is basically a mini split with 3 zones instead of 2 zone on the 5 Seater.

A/C Effectiveness in 5-seat configuration - Predictions?

It won't be a Performance, I only got Performance on the 3 because of Free Super Charging and Faster Delivery. No regrets, but I don't need that crazy performance.

Order says 3 weeks, but orders have been running behind that. If I get it by Sept 30 I think I'll get almost $3500 tax credit between Fed and MA. Only option I'm getting is Color. But X's are all now completely loaded with everything.

Loaner was a Performance. Never even put it in Performance mode.

Congrats! You're going to love it.

Got a VIN and a delivery date.

just shy of 3 weeks. And I changed it to 7 seats just a week ago. I was considering cream, but I guess this helps me not flip flop so much. ;) It was black when it locked in.

I love the Model 3, its just a blast to drive and I prefer the AC vents and UI and landscape screen. The X is bigger and has the space if you need, it is also easier to get into. If you don't need the space I'm not sure I would upgrade. The handling on the 3 just can't be beat and I own a P100D X.

Here is my personal Pro vs Cons

Pros X over 3:
Physical Wiper Control
Two Sensitivity Levels Auto Wiper
Towing
Free SuperCharging
Safer due to Weight
Nicer Next button on Wheel
Heated Wheel
True Key Fob
No ripping liner under car
No bumper ripping off
No roof glass cracking
Two screens
Slightly better EPA range
Powered lift gate
Cornering lights?
More sensors?
Smoother Ride
Quieter Ride
Bolstered Seats
Front Windshield unreal

Cons X
Longer Reach to screen (but less need to)
Limited tire selection (staggered)
Not as nice OEM Wheels
Not as efficient
Better emergency Handling
Portrait Screen for Netflix

Here is my personal Pro vs Cons

Pros X over 3:
Physical Wiper Control
Two Sensitivity Levels Auto Wiper
Towing
Free SuperCharging
Safer due to Weight
Nicer Next button on Wheel
Heated Wheel
True Key Fob
No ripping liner under car
No bumper ripping off
No roof glass cracking
Two screens
Slightly better EPA range
Powered lift gate
Cornering lights?
More sensors?
Smoother Ride
Quieter Ride
Bolstered Seats
Front Windshield unreal

Cons X
Longer Reach to screen (but less need to)
Limited tire selection (staggered)
Not as nice OEM Wheels
Not as efficient
Better emergency Handling
Portrait Screen for Netflix

Did you get the Raven version? New or used?

Nice! Looking forward to your report after delivery and after several months of ownership! Congrats again!

I’m a nervous wreck spending this much on cars.

Swapping perfectly good Jeep Summit (loaded and quiet) and a perfectly good Model 3 Performance (Stealth). For a Model X LR Raven and a Volt Premier with ACC (not easy to find with ACC). Both at the same time. It’s been little hectic. Having the Volt shipped !!!

Reactions: Matty_USC and Sg911