Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping position of GROUPS / VENDORS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Site feedback: Any chance you could swap the position of Groups and Vendors in the top list?

The reason is that Vendors doesn't have a pulldown list associated with it but Groups does. And, the pull down list has a 0s dwell time, so it opens immediately on mouse-over.

"NEW POSTS" is directly below GROUPS and if your mouse cursor happens to be above both, because you just switched to this tab, then moving the mouse from above to NEW POSTS immediately opens the GROUPS menu. One must then mouse-away temporarily or zig-zag the mouse in the first place. It's gotten to be a silly little dance.

Presuming that others, as I do, often check for New Posts, can something be done to address this?

- Increase dwell time for the Groups menu
- Swap Groups/Vendors in the list

- Swap Groups/Vendors in the list
This we probably won't do for various reasons, and we intend to have some options under this link later in any case.

- Increase dwell time for the Groups menu
I'll consider this. We made the dwell time nothing as we wanted things to be fast, but I see how it can have its disadvantages.

For now I suggest you try using the "What's New" feature instead of "New Posts" as its essentially the same thing with more options, and it also remembers which tab within it you were last looking at. If you are unclear about it ask me and I'll help you out.

In fact we'd just delete the New Posts link but we know there will be an uproar even though What's New already provides the same functionality.