Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping tires/rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car came stock with the staggered 265/35/21 and 245/35/21 tires. I have a second set of rims/tires for snow (255/40/20) but they are only on there for like a week at a time, i swap them when i dive to the snow and back to summers when I'm down in the desert. Since they are only on there for a short while most of the time 42 PSI seems to work fine and the car doesn't really care and i just tell it they are 21" when the "your tires were swapped" message comes up.

I got some stock 19" rims non-staggered and will be putting them on once they are done at the powercoating shop. Can anyone post a pic of the door sticker for the tires that has stock 19's non staggered? I just want to make sure I'm putting the right tire size and right PSI in them. When i take my car to service tesla fills the 21's to 45 PSI and i didn't notice until the other day when i saw the middle was worn more from over inflation which is why i normally keep the 21's at 40-42 PSI. So i want to make sure I'm not gonna **** up some new tires by over or under inflating them.

1669662679171.png

You can also go online to Discount Tire and put in your car specs. It will tell you the “recommended” tire options.

And stop taking your car to Tesla! Take it to shops that deal with tires day-in and day-out.
i should've rephrased that, i buy tires off tirerack and take them to my local tire shop for mount/balance. I was referring to general tesla service appts. like i went in to have them do a motor diagnostic and they did a tire pressure goodwill check and "inflated to spec". i would never take the car to tesla for tires or alignment, and i always tell people to use their local indy shops for tires as well.