Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping wheels/tires cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I have a Model Y Performance on order, expected to be delivered in the next couple of weeks. I pre-ordered a set of TSportline 19" wheels with all season tires for it awhile back and last night got a call from them telling me that there is a delay in shipping because the TPMS sensors are backordered/unavailable. He asked if I'd be willing to buy the wheel/tire combo without the sensors and instead just have a local tire place swap out the factory ones and mount the new wheels/tires for me. Tsportline would refund me 400 bucks.

Can anyone give me an idea of what that would cost? I would need to bring in the factory wheels, the new wheels/tires, and they would have to mount, balance, the new tires/wheels, and install the factory tpms sensors.

I've had Discount Tire do this for me in the past and it was about $100. Not sure if you're close to a DT and pricing might be different in your area, but I can't see it being more than about $100 to swap.

What area of Ohio are you in?

Another idea would be to find a local wheel shop to buy wheels from. You can find lighter wheels and a larger selection than what T Sportline offers - not knocking T Sportline, but TSW has some great offerings, Vossen wheels are nice, etc. You'll probably save a few $$ too.

Last edited:
My local tuner shop charges me $18 a wheel to swap TPMS, re-balance the wheel and mount. Make sure your shop re-balances the wheels. You have to do it anytime you break the bead between the wheel and tire, plus you are adding a few more ounce of weight with the sensor.

I've had Discount Tire do this for me in the past and it was about $100. Not sure if you're close to a DT and pricing might be different in your area, but I can't see it being more than about $100 to swap.

What area of Ohio are you in?

Another idea would be to find a local wheel shop to buy wheels from. You can find lighter wheels and a larger selection than what T Sportline offers - not knocking T Sportline, but TSW has some great offerings, Vossen wheels are nice, etc. You'll probably save a few $$ too.

Thanks! That’s what I was hoping. I’m in Cincy so Tire Discounters are local to me too.