TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Swapping white dash for wood dash. Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vroomvroom2003, Aug 13, 2018.

1. vroomvroom2003

vroomvroom2003 New Member

I have a dual motor LR TM3 ordered with white interior that should be here (Palm Springs, CA) by November 2018. I love the wood dash that comes with the black interior and am wondering if any black interior owners would be willing to make the swap with me for my white one at no cost to you. I would find someone in the area that has the ability to do this (I've seen the i1Tesla video on YouTube where he removes his dash in order to stain it, but don't want you or I to be the one actually doing it, lest we damage either of our dashes).

Anyway, my car won't be here for awhile and maybe by then there will be a wrap that interests me more than doing this swap, but for now, I'm just curious if there are any potential takers in this general vicinity. Thanks.

2. systemBuilder

systemBuilder Member

I believe the wood dash is a laminate atop maybe a plastic piece. So you could probably take the dash to a woodworker and get any wood you wanted wetted & bent to laminate it to the white dashboard.

3. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I’d be willing to do it, I’m in CO though so logistics could be an issue.

4. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

I'm curious about the material/process so I'll be following this thread.

My plan is to replace the white trim piece with something else. I'm not sold on wood, but maybe some kind of carbon fiber look? Or maybe a type of piano black.

I'm hoping third party solutions will have something.

5. Allb18c

Allb18c Member

+1 for a swap also. I’d be willing to swap for my OEM wood dash for a white one. I’ve removed it many times and can walk anyone through it live.

6. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

@vroomvroom2003 I'll be interested in swapping. I actually was planning to find a shop to wrap the wood dash in gloss white to match my exterior Pearl White. I'm located in Socal and will be willing to meet up with you since you're in Palm Springs to do the swap.

7. warrior15r

warrior15r Member

#7 warrior15r, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    I'll do a swap today/tomorrow if you're interested! I'm from Orange County so I'd have no problem.

Update** Sorry I didn't realize you said November. I'm 200% interested! haha.

8. agubanov

agubanov New Member

+1 want to swap, I'm in LA and can catch up this week in Orange County.