Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping white dash for wood dash. Anyone interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone that swapped out the white dash for wood have a good photo so I can see what the final job looks like before I attempt myself? Try and get an angle that shows both the dash and one of the white seats if possible... Thanks!!

And... if it looks good, I'd be interested in swapping my white strip for wood if anyone's interested.

Does anyone that swapped out the white dash for wood have a good photo so I can see what the final job looks like before I attempt myself? Try and get an angle that shows both the dash and one of the white seats if possible... Thanks!!

And... if it looks good, I'd be interested in swapping my white strip for wood if anyone's interested.
Of course!

Attachments

• 576F98F6-3ABE-4B67-B5F1-A52A95119084.jpeg
    576F98F6-3ABE-4B67-B5F1-A52A95119084.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 6E9EC068-C7BF-4312-93D7-9F575EEA025D.jpeg
    6E9EC068-C7BF-4312-93D7-9F575EEA025D.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 141

If you like how it looks I'd be interested in swapping. I'm local, too!

It is really simple to install. I am sure you can pull up videos on YouTube. It is held in with clips. It sounds terrible when you pull it up, but it is just the clips disengaging. I have been a Tesla owner since 2014 and one trend I don't see spoken about much is that the prices of parts and other things such as home chargers have steadily gotten cheaper. The cars as well. I previously had a P85D, then a P100D. The P100D which used to be $145k now starts in the $90,000s with much better specs. It's an amazing thing to see.

You may want to check on the price of the dash directly from Tesla. I purchased a spare wood one to put carbon fiber on and was surprised how much it was. Can't recall exactly, but think it was in the the 1 to 2 hundred range.

I contacted Tesla and it cost $225 for the white dashboard. Was hoping to trade with someone to save some money, but no takers so I just went ahead and ordered it directly from Tesla.