Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swartzville PA Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really interested to see if this is really going to happen - the location (understanding the inaccuracies of Tesla's "Coming Soon" pins on their website) is about 7 miles from my sister's house, which will make visiting her a lot easier and more convenient! I have been checking the East Cocalico Township website for any signs of permits but so far I have had no luck. Wonder if any of our Pennsylvania peeps live nearby and have better access to info? Just throwing it out there to get the conversation started. Thanks!

I too live really close to that location and pass it almost daily. It doesn't seem like a feasible location for a supercharger but it would actually work well since its really close to the turnpike. I can't seem to find any information about it nor have I seen and construction activity in the area. I hope something happens soon.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
I too live really close to that location and pass it almost daily. It doesn't seem like a feasible location for a supercharger but it would actually work well since its really close to the turnpike. I can't seem to find any information about it nor have I seen and construction activity in the area. I hope something happens soon.
It won’t be there, lol. Look at the map. The pin is exactly on the middle of the name. Always amuses me how people fail to recognize this fact. We have to bring it up every single time.

It will be somewhere where they can find a good location and an agreement but the pin means nothing except a determination to have one in or near Swartzville.

I have long wondered what is going on with this supercharger. It would make trips to Reading and Philly much easier. Swatzville is quite small and not an incorporated authority. The only real potential site in Swartzville is the Weaver's market because they have a lot of parking, but I doubt they are interested because they are super old school, not forward thinking and too far from the Turnpike. Rest of Swatzville is houses and antique stores.

It would make much more sense to put the SuC further south on 272 near the Turkey Hill, Dunkin Donuts and hotels. The Turkey Hill is always hurting for parking so probably not there. I think the hotels would be the best place. Both locations are in East Cocalico township.

I successfully nagged ECT into updating the planning commission minutes on their website. No permit pending as of May 2019 minutes.

There is always the chance Tesla changes course and moves the SuC to Morgantown to serve Turnpike traffic.

State of Superchargers in SE Pennsylvania is a joke. 2 urbans in Philly and that is it.

Reactions: mociaf9
It won’t be there, lol. Look at the map. The pin is exactly on the middle of the name. Always amuses me how people fail to recognize this fact. We have to bring it up every single time.

It will be somewhere where they can find a good location and an agreement but the pin means nothing except a determination to have one in or near Swartzville.
I had hoped by stating "understanding the inaccuracies of Tesla's "Coming Soon" pins on their website" that folks would have given me some slack - but apparently I was mistaken. I do not need the snide comments that add nothing to the discussion. I have owned a Tesla longer than most on this forum and understand the nature of the Supercharger coming soon process. I just wanted to start a conversation on this Tesla-proposed Supercharger location so that folks closer to this proposed site than me can start hunting for construction activity.

So I would ask if you have information on permits or construction activity that would enhance our knowledge please post. Otherwise, please move on to another forum topic.

Reactions: MMC-