Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sway Bars, End Links, and Rear Control Arms Installation & Impression

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MountainPass I just went through the entire thread and I saw that a little over a year ago you mentioned that the sway bar is coming. Do you have an estimated date? I'm in the market for sway bars.

Currently have MPP FUCA and MPP Rear Camber arms so MPP sway bars would be great too.
Yes! They are currently in production and the ETA from our supplier is November. This has been almost 2 years in the making, who knew sway bars would take so long!

November 2021? Tell us a story how is that possible
How it can take so long to go from design to production? First emails with the supplier in Jan 2020, then testing their current bars they offer, making design changes, and manufacturing prototypes. That was 13 months from first contact to get a prototype set in hand. The prototypes got delayed in shipping for almost a month by FedEx misplacing them, then after approving prototypes and making a few changes, 8 months lead time for them to be built.

How it can take so long to go from design to production? First emails with the supplier in Jan 2020, then testing their current bars they offer, making design changes, and manufacturing prototypes. That was 13 months from first contact to get a prototype set in hand. The prototypes got delayed in shipping for almost a month by FedEx misplacing them, then after approving prototypes and making a few changes, 8 months lead time for them to be built.
Good things take time.

That's horrible. I don't understand how such suppliers still alive in 2021.

Hi Husky Fan, we are closed for 4th of July but as a small business owner I try to be available even when closed and your message has reached me. Your email sent during the holiday will be responded to by our dedicated team when we reopen next week but I would like to assure you that we will support you 110% every step of the way for the aftersales support that we pride ourselves in.

We guarantee silent operation and full satisfaction of all of our products and we will ensure our full support.

To move rapidly we will provide new bushings to verify completely silent operation of the sway bars (as there was an earlier small production batch of sway bars that we found had occasionally been reported to have some noise and we’ve since switched bushing source).

While we can’t be certain that the noise you are hearing is from our sway bars, for purposes of speed I will proceed regardless and we will ship you the new replacement bushings ASAP. In the event that it is our sway bar that is making noise then the only cause we’ve ever seen was from one particular irregular batch of front bushings and thankfully is a very fast swap out and fix. You have a lifetime warranty on our sway bars and we will make sure they operate perfectly and silently for years to come. I look forward to next week following up to ensure your car is riding perfect and silent as we expect it to.

I’ll PM you directly my personal contact info so that I may be of service if you need anything at all.

Have a great 4th of July!

Sincerely,
Ben Schaffer
Unplugged Performance
Will all new front sway bars be shipped with the tighter bushings?

Everyone is trying to survive in 2020/2021. Shortage of everything plus the pandemic. I don’t want to get into politics but you know why.
Sway bar is not a rocket science. It is the simplest possible product. If you have specs of what you want - there are way too many places to do it, so I don't know how this factory survives with 8 months lead time.

Unless it's some carbon-kevlar bearings mounted active dynamics sway bar.

Anyway, it happens, my condolences to MPP about such delay.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Sway bar is not a rocket science. It is the simplest possible product. If you have specs of what you want - there are way too many places to do it, so I don't know how this factory survives with 8 months lead time.

Unless it's some carbon-kevlar bearings mounted active dynamics sway bar.

Anyway, it happens, my condolences to MPP about such delay.

I am just hoping for some teflon lined bushings like H&R does with their sways. I don’t want to have to regrease bushings if I can help it. Squeaking poly bushings are the worst.

Reactions: Perscitus
Sorry guys if I resurrect this topic, but what are the tightening values for Front sway bar end link nut. In some previous post I read 73 ftlb, is it for the aftermarket model or the stock one?

Thanks and sorry for my English
Your English is better than my Italian!

1686259081114.png

I simply would like to restore the original endlinks with the original sway bar, and I would like to set the endlink nut tightening back to its original parameters, could you tell me what they are for Model Y RWD? Is the correct value 98nm or some other?

Sorry if I'm repetitive, but I would like to be sure and not misinterpret the answer.

I simply would like to restore the original endlinks with the original sway bar, and I would like to set the endlink nut tightening back to its original parameters, could you tell me what they are for Model Y RWD? Is the correct value 98nm or some other?

Sorry if I'm repetitive, but I would like to be sure and not misinterpret the answer.

Yes, 98 Nm would be the what you need.