Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sway Bars, End Links, and Rear Control Arms Installation & Impression

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they should include a free angle grinder option to the UPP sways. I’m one of the lucky ones that have it set soft front and medium rear without rubbing. Good luck with getting a response soon to your questions and emails. Took them 6 months to ship out my lip spooler and I only got free shipping for the long wait and excuses for the delay.

If I knew MPP had some sways in the works I would have waited.
When did you get your spoiler? I'm still waiting with lack of communication.

I also had the same rubbing problem. I came across the issue yesterday and moved to the middle setting this morning. In my case the rubbing is more apparent on the right lower control arm. Having the bar set to the middle seems like it will fix the problem.

Once @MountainPass comes to market with sway bars I will purchase those and sell these bars.

Me too, will do the same. Very upset at this sloppy design (and instructions, and no support).
Maybe put the front stock bar back for now, and set the rears to the low setting?

When did you get your spoiler? I'm still waiting with lack of communication.

I got the lip slpoiler about 10 days ago and ordered in August. What irked me was that I know that someone who ordered the spoiler a month after me got it a few weeks later. Seems like they make up excuses like people being sick and short staffed if they go away on holidays, to SEMA or the Tokyo Auto Salon.

Reactions: Orwell and SD_Engnr
Front on Performance is 29mm; rear is 16mm.
No they don't. They disappeared off their website after being on "pre-order" for months.
Thanks for the clarification on the Eibach vaporpart. Re my rear sway bar question - I think you misunderstood.
I wasn't asking for the FSB/RSB setup on Performance or any Model 3s... only whether the Rear Sway Bar (RSB)
on LR AWD and Perf are both 19mm or if its only the Perf that has the 19mm RSB (and the non-Perf cars get the 16mm stock part).
Not asking about the Front Sway Bar (FSB) at all.

Hopefully MountainPass can offer a set of adjustable FSB/RSBs (2 settings are plenty) for <$500 and in OE 'stealth' black. No reason for such parts to cost more even if >24mm.

The stock rear sway bar on Performance Model 3 is 16mm. There is no 19mm stock part.
Thanks. Are you sure?
The parts inventory site clearly shows two part #s for the RSB and specifies diammeters.

1044488-00-A = 16mm RSB
1044485-00-A = 19.6mm RSB

It seems the 4485 part comes installed on all Dual Motor cars (AWD and Perf) while the 4488 comes installed on all single motor RWD cars.

I havent gone through enough rear suspensions on these to be able to verify this is the case though.

Photos or it didn’t happen. LOL

Stock sway bars off my P3D+

E76838DF-411A-4D83-A114-F0B8AB7DB5FE.jpeg
A97752AA-98AF-40DA-A357-47D2F937EF50.jpeg

Hello Everyone, sorry I’ve seen this a bit late to the Feb 12th revival of this thread as I’m not on the boards often. We 100% stand behind the engineering of our parts and we thrive on clients that love our work.

In a limited # of cases (depending on front sway bar setting and use) we’ve become aware of paint transfer at the end of the sway bar due to light contact on full lock. This subject is related to our very first batch of sway bars and we’ve only seen reports of it occurring a handful of times relative to the # of bars on the road.

Since we work on long term client projects all the time, we have cars come back for further upgrades and we monitor the use of all of the upgrades. We’ve been watching the first batch of sway bars and usually when we see cars come back in with them we see zero evidence of paint transfer (no interference).

Nonetheless, late last year we identified that we wanted to optimize this and so we adjusted the front sway bar design to ensure zero chance of this ever happening again in any use case.

We make micro adjustments to our products all the time which is an added benefit of being made in USA and having direct involvement with our clients and friends in the community.

For any of our valued clients who have ordered the earliest batch of our front sway bar, you are welcome to reach out to us with a photo of any chipping on the sway bar and we will offer a 100% free replacement for you to our newer front bar with the shorter ends.

Our newer front bar is identical visually and has the same stiffness and rates, we’ve just slightly shortened the ends to ensure this never happens again.

If you have this occurring please email me directly [email protected] and ask for Eddy so that I can work with you and assist you personally.

First and foremost we are members of the community and users of our own products since 2013. We’ve been at forefront of innovation and Tesla tuning and we stand behind all of our products to ensure that our clients love them. We will be here to support all requests with our best efforts so please reach out by email at any time.

Reactions: SammichLover
I ordered my bars on Jan 7, 2020 and I have this problem. Not sure how I got bars from the "first batch"?
The second batch was produced January 28th of this year.
We are happy to support you on an exchange if you are at all dissatisfied with your first batch front bar.
Please email us at [email protected] to coordinate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigtuna00