TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sweaty back /seat cover recommendation

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by MikeR55, Jan 1, 2020.

1. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Not sure if you're trying to be funny, but you just come off as a dick. Which is fine if you're a dick, you're a dick

2. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

Not to be a spoil sport, but the owners manual more or less says don't use seat covers.
    on page 27 (from pdf).

3. tvad

tvad Member

Perhaps the solution is having the seats reupholstered in cloth.

4. shaunw

shaunw Member

My dad used to have a small towel he kept on his seat. This is the first car I've owned without cloth seats and I'm considering doing that too, especially once summer comes around.

5. boriszima

boriszima Member

That’s an expensive possibility, thanks for advice

6. tvad

tvad Member

#26 tvad, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Expensive, yes. Sometimes one has to do what's necessary to effectively solve a problem.

If it was my car, I'd ask an auto upholsterer about options to re-cover only the seat backs...and possibly re-using the existing seat backs by de-constructing them and replacing only the panels that contact the owner's back. A good re-upholsterer can do this quite well...and it will save money. I'm thinking of what Porsche does in their seats when center sections are Alcantara and the rest is leather (or pleather).

7. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Member

This is the seat cover I used over the summer and it worked pretty well. The top attachment point fits in the gap between the seat back and headrest. The middle and bottom attachment points are a bit more tricky, however... I ended up rigging a "make it work" attachment for the middle and didn't bother with the bottom attachments. Otherwise it worked great and I only removed it once the weather got cold enough to use the seat heater. No concerns with airbags for this one.

• Like x 1
  8. totteraptor

totteraptor Member

Both my wife and find the white vegan “leather” seats in our model 3 unpleasantly warm. Our comparison is Mercedes leather seats.