Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sweaty back /seat cover recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now that I own the car trying to figure out what to do about this. Even when I tested the car both in white and black seats no matter how cold it is outside for some reason my back on this material gets very sweaty. Does anybody have a recommendation for a seat cover?

And the odd thing is I'm not a big guy, 5 foot 8 155 lbs.

NY Taxi driver approved.

s-l1000.jpg

So now that I own the car trying to figure out what to do about this. Even when I tested the car both in white and black seats no matter how cold it is outside for some reason my back on this material gets very sweaty. Does anybody have a recommendation for a seat cover?

And the odd thing is I'm not a big guy, 5 foot 8 155 lbs.
It's not the car, you sweat excessively.

If you're open to a temporary solution, I use a seat hoodie now and then. This* is the one I have, I chose it because I wanted a light colored one that would minimize the risk of dye transfer to my white seats but there's tons of similar options out there. Seat hoodies are nice because they are easy on/off, machine washable and will not obstruct the side airbags.

*While the product photo shows a big ugly logo on the headrest, the cover is reversible and thus the logo can be hidden when in use.

Reactions: MikeR55
It's not the car, you sweat excessively.

The seat material doesn't breath. Thais why VW's leatherette has perforations to avoid this issue.

Excessive heat can make it worse but I think choice in shirts can help add space to some degree too. Unfortunately I don't think there is an easy solution. Seat covers are not cool because of seat airbags and even if you avoid potential issues, the cover has to attach and that usually means rub points or pressure areas somewhere which can cause damage over time.

Reactions: MikeR55
And not a word about sweating...when you've trying to prove a point, also try and avoid embarrassing yourself even further.

See a doctor about that excessive sweating...there are treatments available.
A. ( I edited my original thought here as to not fight fire with fire.)
B. I do suffer from hyperhidrosis and you have no idea what you're talking about. The treatment for this is a prescription anti perspirant that is only intended for underarms.
C. To the op I bought a cooling seat pad with little fans in it that plugs into the accessory outlet in the armrest (off eBay). Does OK and it was only 35 bucks. And just the mention of that type if seat pad/cover will undoubtedly bring out the "it will cover and obstruct the airbags!!!" crowd.
Anyway, hot / unbreathable seats is #1 or 2 on my very short list of cons for this car.

And not a word about sweating...when you've trying to prove a point, also try and avoid embarrassing yourself even further.

See a doctor about that excessive sweating...there are treatments available.

Why are you being mean to OP? If you got nothing nice to say, don’t say it.

@MikeR55 - I also have the same problem with most leather or fake leather seats. So don’t feel bad that you might be the only one here. I have not found a solution other then to keep inside temp lower. This does not happen to me if seats are cloth. I do wish model 3 had heated and cooling like it had for mode s/x. Anyways, hopefully you find a solution and if you do share it here. Good luck

Reactions: MikeR55 and jamaro