Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swedish Tesla commercial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it! Now we need this clip to be aired on American TV, preferably during superbowl. Repeated five times in a row...

Edit: Can someone do English voice over dub for this video? Or at least translate the commentator for me, and i will try to add subtitles in English.

Last edited:
According to Edmunds, Fortum is an energy company in the Nordic countries. The website bears that out. They also sell natural gas.

I believe Cobos mentioned their charging stations. You see them in the last shot.

You get a better look at the charging station in the first shot of this video:

They speak really quickly, so I only understood bits and pieces.

Min Svenska är inte så bra! Prat inte så fort, snälla.

Last edited:
I wonder how much Tesla had to do with the making of the commercial? They famously have not done any advertising, and for a while it made a bunch of sense because they had more orders than they could deliver anyway.

Does this mean they are at a point where they feel they need new orders and can deliver them in a reasonable time? Or is it just happenstance that the energy company is using them as the star of their commercial?

That was great.

Another "about time" moment, And it certainly works without a translation.

As to Tesla involvement It would be easy to give the car for use in filming and OK the rights to use the car and not actually spend money. The fact that Tesla is not mentioned and you can't even read the Tesla logo on the car and there is no end graphic. That says they paid no money.

Last edited:
Seems like a Finnish energy company, primarily electric power but probably has their hands in non-electric distribution as well. Like centralized house heating systems, gas for heating and cooking etc. Take a look here.

The video in question seems to be a marketing thing for green electric vehicles. So they basicly say the EV was popular before but Ford with his T-Ford and in comparison to the horsedrawn carriage the ICE car was cleaner and better. And then they say Welcome back to the EV as they show the first image of the Roadster. Never mentioning the TR by name.

So I'm pretty sure Fortum asked Tesla for a loaner car or some stock photage and then made their commercial. I doubt Tesla payed anything for this except the time used with the red Roadster.

Nice commercial though, even though they speak so fast it's hard to follow.

Cobos