Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sweet Rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy and Hey Now,

Super psyched to have on the Model 3 roof rack. I give it a 10. It's well designed, doesn't make any noise. Looks great.

I bought the Yakima Fat Cat 6 ski rack for it. I'm a YakiHead. They're a great company, great customer service.

I'll put this Yakima piece on for my bike:
ForkLift | Bike Rack | Yakima Rack

Low profile, doesn't catch water.

Really love this rack. Best rack I've owned.

I think it's bomber with the Fat Cat - but I'm a skinny cat. The attachment is low profile, super clean. I really dig the way rack is lower in the front. Super cool design.

Here's some pics. Notice there's only 1/2" clearance between the roof and the heal piece -- once the attachment is closed. A little more with it open. All my bindings are Head, I love Head. It works. It's not like the heal piece is going to drop down more and crack the glass. Or at least I don't know how it would. But just in case, I might raise the attachment up 1/2".

I had to go serious OCD to get this rack. I checked the Tesla store a few times a day (more). I know, I have issues. Glad I got one. They're out of stock now. Of course 6 months from now they'll be half price.

The rack locks to the roof. The attachment is locked. The Yakima dudes were able to integrate the keys, so one key works for the rack and attachment. Sweet.

I dig it.

Peace and love,

Rack - 4.jpg
Rack - 1.jpg
Rack - 5.jpg
Rack - 7.jpg
Rack - 2.jpg
Rack - 6.jpg
Rack - 8.jpg
Rack - 3.jpg

Last edited:
What product do you use for your garage wall organization? Couldn’t help notice how nice and tidy things are.

Hey thanks -- the place is messy right now!

I had a guy up here do it. It's Slat Wall, here:
https://www.amazon.com/Proslat-3301...id=1547516479&sr=8-4&keywords=garage+slatwall

Then you get the hooks and baskets. I also have a couple of ceiling racks, on a crank. He also did cabinets. And I put a heater fan in.

So I go out in the garage when the old lady has had it with me, be warm - tune skis, listen to tunes, dream about stuff.

Super happy I did it all.