Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sweet spot for Wheel & Tire Combo for the Y

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
YIKES! UTQG: 240 A A, treadwear rating of 240????

No wonder it's a more comfortable ride. You're riding on very soft, squishy, sticky rubber that will be worn out by the end of the summer. :) :eek:

OEM lasted 9k miles? What do you expect out of these? 5k???

N1L CO2

Jul 10, 2020
OC, CA
YIKES! UTQG: 240 A A, treadwear rating of 240????

No wonder it's a more comfortable ride. You're riding on very soft, squishy, sticky rubber that will be worn out by the end of the summer. :) :eek:

OEM lasted 9k miles? What do you expect out of these? 5k???
lol, they weren't OEMs. They were Pirellis. I did drive them pretty hard though. I expect this set to last 15k or so as I am more "careful" these days. The performance tires actually have stiffer sidewalls for better handling so the ride quality improvement isn't due to the softer tread. If I go through these in a usually manner, I will probably look at switching to all-season tires. ;)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC