Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sweetwater and Cisco Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed Tesla a week or so ago asking about the status of superchargers on I20 and received a reply that (although things can change) they hope to have one up and operating within the first six months of the year in Cisco and Sweetwater. That would be great and allow me to get back and forth to Dallas on business without any worries. I need them to put one in San Angelo as well to allow travel to Austin. :)

So, if any one sees any activity in Sweetwater and/or Cisco let us know. *Fingers crossed*

John

"Cisco And Sweetwater" is a perfect name for a cop drama.

"Good morning, I'm Lt. Cisco and this is Officer Sweetwater. We had a report of someone sticking a live electrical wire into a car's gas tank. Would you know anything about that?"

87 miles of separation (routing along I-20). Are you thinking there might be Superchargers put in both? Or one in the general Abilene area?

Rick

Reactions: vrykolas
LOL. When I looked at the 2016 map it looked like Eastland, Abilene, Midland, etc., and I emailed asking about those locations specifically. The response was Cisco and Sweetwater are planned for the first 6 months of this year (of course with a disclaimer that things can effect the plans).

John

"Cisco And Sweetwater" is a perfect name for a cop drama.

"Good morning, I'm Lt. Cisco and this is Officer Sweetwater. We had a report of someone sticking a live electrical wire into a car's gas tank. Would you know anything about that?"

87 miles of separation (routing along I-20). Are you thinking there might be Superchargers put in both? Or one in the general Abilene area?

Rick

I attended an event the evening of Jan. 12 in the Tesla Store in Dallas.
One of the tidbits the speaker spoke about was installing Superchargers WEST of DFW on I-20.
Making 1-20 come alive with Superchargers would be a great way to connect Texas to the rest of the Supercharger world in the North America for 2016.

Agreed, and it is very much needed. If the 2016 map comes to fruition, then I10 and I20 should be connected to the rest of the network.

I attended an event the evening of Jan. 12 in the Tesla Store in Dallas.
One of the tidbits the speaker spoke about was installing Superchargers WEST of DFW on I-20.
Making 1-20 come alive with Superchargers would be a great way to connect Texas to the rest of the Supercharger world in the North America for 2016.

I asked for an update and was told good progress has been made on both locations. Here is the reply I received :

"Thank you for checking in. We have made some positive progress in both locations. We have chosen a location in Sweetwater and we are approaching the construction phase of the project. Once construction begins, a site typically requires 4-6 weeks to complete. We’re not able to share the location of our station before the site is ready for use, but we look forward to announcing the site on our website and in an email to our owners once it is fully operational.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team"

This is great news!

• Informative
Reactions: gene
My wife is from Moran, about 15 miles north of Cisco. The town itself has some basic shopping and dining options. There is also Conrad Hilton's first hotel, which contains a small museum, two rooms maintained as they were when the hotel opened in 1919, and offices. Access to the truck stop where the sc is going in is, as one would expect, very easy and direct from the interstate.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
I agree. Forward thinking truck stop owners may be realizing that they can get a piece of the EV pie by welcoming Superchargers. If a business is open when we stop, my family always spends money while supercharging, even if we really don't need anything, just to show appreciation to the business owner.
Exactly - once they realize they get a customer for at least 30 minutes they will be all over it.

Progress! The first two times I drove Lubbock to Corpus Christi (via Austin) I slept in my car to charge overnight at the KOA in Abilene. The third round trip I made in September I was able to spend the night at the Hilton Garden Inn, who installed an HPWC. Now, it looks like when I drive down to Austin for my next annual service I can save myself the $100 by hitting the SC in Cisco, which has the added bonus of shortening my drive by letting me bypass Waco and go straight to Austin.

Fingers crossed, maybe for my trip home to Corpus for Christmas I'll be able to take the direct route home via Sweetwater and Junction!