TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

swipe screen to view tire pressure Not working

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BobAbooey, Oct 16, 2019.

1. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

is anyone else having a problem where you would swipe on the screen to view the tire pressure?
    Mines is not responding I tried resetting but did not fix it. 2019.32.12.2

The wiper buttons work and everything else

2. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Funny. I had this exact issue two days ago. You can tell there’s a problem because the middle “dot” on the bottom left of the screen isn’t illuminated. It’s like the window lost focus (tech terminology).

Anyway, I stopped the car and held down the brake and two thumb wheels but noticed that the microphone coming up fixed it (middle dot turned white), so I let go of the buttons and never needed to do the reboot.

Pretty sure it’s a bug in 12.2.

• Informative x 1
  3. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

Do you mean when the mic pops up let the 2 thumbs go? I did a reboot 2 times and also that power off one in the settings but still not working. At least if it’s a bug I’m not so worried I was just worried maybe it was my screen went bad

4. MikeB_20

MikeB_20 Member

I had the same thing happen yesterday. First I hit the backup camera button and I still couldn’t swipe. I then hit the microphone icon, it brought up the phone, I cancelled it and then I could swipe. This was the first time I drove the car after getting 12.2.

5. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Exactly. Nothing wrong with your screen. :)

• Funny x 1
  6. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

The joys of owning a Tesla! It’ll get fixed I’m sure.

• Like x 1
  7. techdash

techdash Member

I’ve run into this bug in V9. Seems to happen when you swipe away from the phone call card then the call ends with that card still not open.

• Informative x 2
  8. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Definitely not the case for me, and it’s never happened prior to 12.2. Either way, it should be fixed.

• Informative x 1
  9. MacGreiner

I had this happen in V9 as well. I performed resets of all varieties, even invented a few new ones, sacrificed chickens, etc. Nothing seemed to change it. It just ended up resolving by itself after a few days.

• Funny x 1
  10. Phlier

Phlier Bluebird

Mine has done this since new, when the vehicle hasn't been driven in a while. Like five + hours or so. After driving it around for a bit, it starts working again.

11. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Hmm working fine on mine (just tested it) 32.12.2

12. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

lol yes, it does work fine 99.9% of the time. It's just it happens once in a blue moon, apparently.

13. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

@WilliamG I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it ... I am a bit a creature of habit and tend to check tire pressures each am just because.. :)

14. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

I do the same, pretty much every time I drive the car! Not ever had this issue since getting the car beginning of May. Just the one time now since the 2019.32.12.2 update.

• Like x 1
  15. favo

favo P3D+ owner

A couple months ago, I had a problem where swiping the cards didn't work all of a sudden. I believe I ended up pressing the wiper stalk button to cause the wiper card to pop up, and then swiping worked again. I did not have to reboot. This has only happened once in the year plus I've owned my 3.

16. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Just happened to me again! So that’s twice in about 3 days. Again, just bring up the microphone and swiping left and right immediately after it closes fixes it. You can see the dot missing on the first picture (indicating the swipeable pages aren’t working).

Attached Files:

17. yourotherleft

yourotherleft Member

Happened to mine all day yesterday, but ok by morning.

18. TORQU3

TORQU3 Member

Mine has done this on and off over the past few months. Usually by the next time I drive it, it's ok.