Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swiped by a neighbour....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live on a rather narrow road with on street parking so there has always been a risk of taking a glancing blow from a passing vehicle. The delivery vans are my biggest worry but I must give credit to the skilled driving of our local bin lorry driver.

Today I nipped out and to my horror It had happened. The rear wheel arch has taken a glancing blow. The photo doesn’t show a lot but there is a fair crease on the arch itself which I am sure will be a pain to get out. The scratch is actually paint from the offending vehicles which will come off, but at least shows what colour it was!

Annoyingly my USB didn’t save the footage so have had to ask Tesla for that. I have given them a tight time range so am hopeful of getting it but I would be interested to here if others think there is much of a chance?

Its quite important as I am fairly certain of the offending vehicle on our road (New scuff and it’s white..) but would hate to knock on the door without being certain.

Now looking for recommendations of a decent USB for the dash cam and a decent body shop in the Wiltshire/Bath area... (Unless Tesla can do a decent job?)

thanks again

Attachments

• 9A57A5D8-AD65-43AD-8157-86CC19F2EB0F.jpeg
    9A57A5D8-AD65-43AD-8157-86CC19F2EB0F.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 80
There are plenty of threads here, youtube videos etc on what drives to use for tesla cam/sentry. Personally went with what is recommended for dash cams hence an endurance card and usb adaptor. Being that we had the luxury of a fully fledged usb, You can go "better" with full blown usb solid state drives opposed to "memory sticks"

A feud on your doorstep will be life changing/consuming so there is a choice for you to make. In fact even if you did have solid evidence, my advice would be give it to your insurance company and let them handle it.

Reactions: M3noob
There are plenty of threads here, youtube videos etc on what drives to use for tesla cam/sentry. Personally went with what is recommended for dash cams hence an endurance card and usb adaptor. Being that we had the luxury of a fully fledged usb, You can go "better" with full blown usb solid state drives opposed to "memory sticks"

A feud on your doorstep will be life changing/consuming so there is a choice for you to make. In fact even if you did have solid evidence, my advice would be give it to your insurance company and let them handle it.
Thanks for this.

I am hoping it’s actually the courier who regularly goes through at warp speed but my gut says it isn’t....

Thanks for this.

I am hoping it’s actually the courier who regularly goes through at warp speed but my gut says it isn’t....

Intuition is, I believe the word you seek. However, please look up the definition... Just remember that whatever the advice on here, chances are that we are not the ones living next to you neighbour day in day out and that the road to hell was paved with good intentions...

I called and went through to vehicle functions. The guy sounded quite hopeful and said the data was held for 72 hours. They sent an email within the hour requesting further details. I’ll let you know what comes of it.

Well there is limited data stored in the car's memory of recent drives and is overwritten if driven, if the alarm went off then its supposed to get uploaded to Tesla if the settings are to do this, I assume this wouldn't be limited to the 72 hours you are referring to.

If no sentry mod was on and the alarm didn't go off then you have a limited window of getting the data, perhaps powering off the car would be an option. Not sure what the 72 hours refers to as Tesla doesn't keep a rolling 72 hours worth of footage on the car/cloud.