Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swiping wiper settings in 2018.4.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having issues swiping between the activity cards and accidentally activating the wipers in 2018.4.9? If I swipe about 1/3 up from the bottom when transitioning between the main card, wiper settings, PSI, and energy usage, sometimes I’ll accidentally turn my wiper settings from “auto” to low, medium, or high. I’m hoping they add a “delay” to the wiper swipe, as activating the wipers with a dry windshield is getting annoying. This has happened at least 5-6 times since the update

Is anyone else having issues swiping between the activity cards and accidentally activating the wipers in 2018.4.9? If I swipe about 1/3 up from the bottom when transitioning between the main card, wiper settings, PSI, and energy usage, sometimes I’ll accidentally turn my wiper settings from “auto” to low, medium, or high. I’m hoping they add a “delay” to the wiper swipe, as activating the wipers with a dry windshield is getting annoying. This has happened at least 5-6 times since the update

Yep, I just did this morning. It is highly distracting when you are trying to execute one operation (while driving) and now have to contend with another unexpected one like this. I like the ability to select the wiper speed but agree there should be some refinement to reduce unintended activation of the wipers.