Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swirl marks etc since delivery day.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is a lease hence why I didn’t want to get PPF as I thought they cost in the thousands.
I have shown the car to some professional detailers (via pics) and have said it is bad but fixable. Also they agreed to do a report in person on the issues of the paint. As Tesla are adamant it’s factory finish and the car has been repainted (which I don’t believe it has)
Detailers will always tell you something is awful, and only their enormous skill was capable of resolving the issue. If they told you it was easy you would do it yourself with some McGuires Compound, Polish and Wax and a pad attached to the end of a drill. I fixed a self inflicted set of marks on my boot myself.

If it's a lease, and you aren't going to do PPF why do you care? You will get some swirl marks again no matter how carefully you wash it.

Reactions: btc1k
Detailers will always tell you something is awful, and only their enormous skill was capable of resolving the issue. If they told you it was easy you would do it yourself with some McGuires Compound, Polish and Wax and a pad attached to the end of a drill. I fixed a self inflicted set of marks on my boot myself.

If it's a lease, and you aren't going to do PPF why do you care? You will get some swirl marks again no matter how carefully you wash it.
It is because the car was handed with swirl marks and was not clean. Tesla said they will sort it out.
But they have not.
I wouldn’t mind paying to sort it out but when they claimed the car was repainted when it clearly hasn’t been, is simply not good enough.
Tesla SC even acknowledged the marks were bad when I handed the car in. They said they will ask for my feedback the next day after I got to assess the car. When I did, I told them the car still had marks.

It is because the car was handed with swirl marks and was not clean. Tesla said they will sort it out.
But they have not.
I wouldn’t mind paying to sort it out but when they claimed the car was repainted when it clearly hasn’t been, is simply not good enough.
Tesla SC even acknowledged the marks were bad when I handed the car in. They said they will ask for my feedback the next day after I got to assess the car. When I did, I told them the car still had marks.
I could leave with the swirl marks but I don’t want to be charged for it at the end of the lease when it was a problem I did not cause.

I also agree with others. If you really want perfection in your paintwork then that is the realm of professional detailers, not manufacturer/dealer service centres. That goes for any make of car. Plus you have to be pretty anal in your own cleaning regime to avoid future swirl marks. Personally I've just given up with all that s>>> I'm a single bucket guy now, once a month if I can be arsed. Haven't used a snow-foam lance in years, lol. You know what, I feel much better for it too.