TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Switch confirmed order to an inventory one?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by krazineurons, Aug 16, 2016.

1. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

I have a confirmed order and $2,500 deposit for a model x delivering January 2017. Original plan was to wait for AP 2.0. But now am thinking of getting an inventory vehicle on 3 years lease.

Can I transfer my order and the payment towards the inventory model? Does Tesla honor that?

2. number12

number12 Member

Did you delay to January or pick the 5 seater? Are you in order window?

3. krazineurons

I ordered a 7 seat config in June 2016. Intentionally delayed. Not in the order window thus the question.

4. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Talk to your DS? Call Tesla?

• Helpful x 1
  5. krazineurons

Have done both, awaiting response today. But I figured it shouldn't be a rare ask and someone on the forum might have done it before.

6. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

They will be eager to take the deposit over to an inventory car. When contacting Tesla these days, they actually recommend buying off inventory rather than custom ordering (I chatted with someone on the ordering page the other day about this). They couldn't stop saying the word "inventory".

7. krazineurons

Yeah, i just heard from Ownership Advisor about the "good news" that it is possible, but now i have second thoughts given the build quality earlier MX models have seen. Leaning towards not pursuing that option, what say?

8. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

If you want it to be "more perfect" with a fresh build, change your delivery date to "earliest". They could still get you one by end of Q3 if it is the right configuration. I suspect that they will be trying to make and deliver as many as possible through September so quality issues need to be in focus then too.

9. number12

number12 Member

Anyone comment on 2.0 hardware or 100d?

10. ccutrer

ccutrer Member

I'd ask for the VIN of the inventory car you're looking at, and possibly pictures of some of the key alignment pieces (handles between doors, hood and trunk, etc.) if possible. Cause yeah, I'd be worried about it too. The SLC store has Sig 12x or so as its test drive car, and it's in terrible shape.

11. krazineurons

When I had asked them to postpone or cancel my order of X as I was concerned about AP 2.0, she happened to say delay it by November. All rumors so far are pointing towards September. So going to wait and watch for another month and then will switch to Lease if no AP is announced by then.

12. psgabin

psgabin Member

so have confirmed order and slotted delivery mid november so your guidance would be im ok but always thought tesla emplyees were last to know anything kinda like apple emplyees before mew iphone launch

13. krazineurons

Yeah, it's wild guess for everyone out there, but am considering to jump on to the two year lease program and get it right away. This is the time AP 2.0 software would take to get ready anyways.

• Like x 1
  14. ithinkmac

ithinkmac Member

And then right after...Sept 12th when the promo lease ends. They annouce AP 2.0 and 100D. :)

Murphy's law.

-ThinkMac-