Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switch to white OEM seats on a MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone switch from the black to OEM white seats on a MY/M3? I am in NJ and wondering if I can buy seat covers from Tesla and have a local upholstery shop do the switch.

I am not interested in Taptes or Xipoo (amazon) covers. Katzkin and Tsportline do not offer OEM white color.

Folks who switched to white OEM seats, please do share your experience.

Thank you.

As a reference for folks looking to buy the white seats from Tesla, they quoted me $6431.37 to replace the black seats with white for MY (just the seats, no trims). Parts - $5710, Labor - $321.75, Tax - $399.62.

I am waiting to get a white vinyl sample from leatherseats.com. If the sample matches with white Tesla OEM seats, I will go with them. leatherseats.com vinyl seats are $750. Local installation in NJ is between $700 to $1500. I got quotes from multiple installers.

Curious, how come you didn’t opt for the white seats for just $1,000 at order? Was it not available, did you not want it at the time, did you buy a used/inventory?
When I took the delivery back in June 2020, MY with white interior was $56k. And to qualify for NJ state $5K rebate, the purchase price had to be under $55K and so I had to go with black interior. Tesla dropped the price of MY by $3k sometime in August.

• Informative
Reactions: TespaceX
When I took the delivery back in June 2020, MY with white interior was $56k. And to qualify for NJ state $5K rebate, the purchase price had to be under $55K and so I had to go with black interior. Tesla dropped the price of MY by $3k sometime in August.

Ah, I see. Interesting.
Now, a white on white LR AWD Y is even cheaper at $51K. (Not sure about NJ specific rebates, though).