Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switched to the ultra white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish me luck folks - our order will be confirmed today, and last night we made the last minute switch from black leather seats, cream ceiling and carbon fiber trim to the ultra white option (again with carbon). It involved a lot of uncertainty on our side; most reviews show that it’s really easy to clean, but the occasional blue jeans comment / photo has us a bit scared. And having a Labrador who will sit on the floor in back doesn’t make it any easier!

But after much discussion, we realized that the black seats just don’t stand out the way the white ones do. The white looks so much more, well, like a Tesla. Something impressively modern.

So we pulled the trigger and changed the order at the end of the 1 week deadline. Just a few more hours till it’s finalized....

We have two Tesla's with the ultra white seats and carbon fiber trim - a 2017 S 100D and our 2 week old X 100D.

To protect the seats, we bought a couple of ultra white bath sheets, added snaps to the top (so they can drape over the headrest), and whenever we get into the car wet or dirty, we quickly throw the bath sheets over the seats. And if they get dirty - throw them in the washer.

We have 25K miles on our S 100D - and the ultra white seats are still … ultra white.

Reactions: Corbets
To protect the seats, we bought a couple of ultra white bath sheets, added snaps to the top (so they can drape over the headrest), and whenever we get into the car wet or dirty, we quickly throw the bath sheets over the seats. And if they get dirty - throw them in the washer.

Just curious, what do you think will happen if the in-seat airbags need to deploy. Covering them up would seem to me, to be very hazardous. Perhaps you figured out how to disable the airbags. ...but that starts a whole 'nuther discussion.

On our original Blue X, we selected the White Perf seats.

Color wise, they have held up well (it has 42K) and have been great to travel with in hot climates, We have a dog too and there have been no issues.

Not to confuse you.....just picked up my second X last week: it is White with cream/light wood and it's stunning.

Best of luck.....you will thoroughly enjoy the X.....

We have two Tesla's with the ultra white seats and carbon fiber trim - a 2017 S 100D and our 2 week old X 100D.

We have 25K miles on our S 100D - and the ultra white seats are still … ultra white.

I want to do the same thing can you give me more detail on that. and pictures of the towel and how its adhered to the head rest.

Thanks
Chad

We picked up two ultra white bath sheets (these are the largest towels in most towel sets).

From one of the hobby stores, we purchased a snap kit which comes with a snap installer tool (looks like pliers, with special ends to hold the snap pieces). We used the kit to install one snap at the top of each bath sheet, a few inches from the top, and as far as we could install the snap away from the edge of the towels. Using the snaps allows us to unsnap the towels when we put them into the washer, though you could probably permanent attach one end of the bath sheet, so it can loop over the headrests.

We only use the towels when we are wet or in dirty clothes - and only for a short trip back to the house.

We don't want to cover the seats - and almost all of the time don't worry about keeping them clean. If they do get a smudge, baby wipes have been able to clean off the marks (so far).

I've had the white seats for 1.5 years and they still look brand new. I don't do anything special to protect or care for them. We eat, drink, have kids in the car, no problem. They are beautiful, and comfortable. You made the right choice. But, I don't typically wear jeans, which does seem to be the one area where people have experienced some issues.