Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching cabin heating off query on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi folks coming from a model s to a model 3 I find it a pain having to hold the fan symbol for 2 secs to turn heating off. Compared to the 1 touch on the model S.
Am I missing a trick.why can’t it be a single touch for on or off.
When I got the car I could not switch the heating off until I discovered the 2 sec trick on the internet.
Also I find it difficult to tell if the heating is on due to the illumination of the temp display.im thinking it should light up a different colour when switched on.
Anyone else find this or just me.

Reactions: CMc1
hi folks coming from a model s to a model 3 I find it a pain having to hold the fan symbol for 2 secs to turn heating off. Compared to the 1 touch on the model S.
Am I missing a trick.why can’t it be a single touch for on or off.
When I got the car I could not switch the heating off until I discovered the 2 sec trick on the internet.
Also I find it difficult to tell if the heating is on due to the illumination of the temp display.im thinking it should light up a different colour when switched on.
Anyone else find this or just me.
Sub, I suppose it's because one touch is to open up the full dialogue. In terms of what it's currently doing, it's logical and if you imagine having to hold it down to open the bigger picture, that WOULD be frustrating.

But there might be a future solution that is neither of the above of course.