Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching existing order from Model Y to Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone switched an exisiting reservation from a Model Y to a Model X? Not sure if they allow that or if I would have to throw away the $250 for the Model Y to then place another order for the Model X.
Has anyone driven a model Y and upgraded to an X and regretted it? I have 3 children under 10 so the bigger vehicle is enticing, but not sure if its actually worth it. Thanks!!

Has anyone switched an exisiting reservation from a Model Y to a Model X? Not sure if they allow that or if I would have to throw away the $250 for the Model Y to then place another order for the Model X.
Has anyone driven a model Y and upgraded to an X and regretted it? I have 3 children under 10 so the bigger vehicle is enticing, but not sure if its actually worth it. Thanks!!
They used to let you roll the deposit over in the past, but now you’ll most likely have to eat it.

The X is a better vehicle by a wide margin. But it’s also twice the price so it should be.

Is it 2x as good? No way. Personally, I’m looking at BMW’s new i4 and iX offerings. Build quality is superior on every level and they are significantly less money.

Reactions: MIGS Tessie
Upvote 0
They used to let you roll the deposit over in the past, but now you’ll most likely have to eat it.

The X is a better vehicle by a wide margin. But it’s also twice the price so it should be.

Is it 2x as good? No way. Personally, I’m looking at BMW’s new i4 and iX offerings. Build quality is superior on every level and they are significantly less money.
Agree. I have a MYP and an i40 M50 ordered. Plus, BMW eligible for tax credit 👍

Upvote 0

I wanted the i4 so bad until I went to BMW and the sales guy told me how many problems they are having with them so I changed my mind... for the time being. I will be giving it a few years before I go that route so hopefully they have figured all of the problems out. But like you said, X is a better vehicle, but I am not sure it is worth the huge price tag difference...

• Informative
Reactions: glide
Upvote 0
I just saw three x's on a truck headed to Peabody...

Reactions: MIGS Tessie
Upvote 0

Not sure I would look at the BMW until they deal with the battery issues that caused the recall. Sounds a lot like the Bolt issue.

Upvote 0
Yes I did. I assumed that is what they sold or allocated to regions for test drives. I have never seen one on the road but received offers to go test drive them on courses all the time.
You think BMW has sold double digits of their flagship electric vehicles?

The iX has sold 1000+ in the first quarter it was available. And that arguably does not have the mass-market appeal of the i4

Upvote 0
You think BMW has sold double digits of their flagship electric vehicles?

The iX has sold 1000+ in the first quarter it was available. And that arguably does not have the mass-market appeal of the i4
Since that is the case, perhaps they had a batch of bad batteries?

We used to only get BMWs, leasing a new one every 1.5 years for decades. But we had a lot of quality issues, rattles and electric failures, with our X5 and X3. And since going to Tesla have not kept up with them.

Upvote 0