Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching from trade-in to cash made my edit link disappear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No reservation, placed an order for a blue AWD, white interior, 19" wheels, no EAP on 7/28. Indicated I wanted to trade in. My account page, since then, only had "Order" checked, and nothing else was checked. Edit link has always been there.

I just switched from trade-in to cash, and "Prepare for Delivery" just got checked, and my edit link disappeared.

If this actually made a difference, this is a nice development!

Now I wonder what happens if I switch back to trade-in, for the tax savings ... (instead of selling my old car privately).

No reservation, placed an order for a blue AWD, white interior, 19" wheels, no EAP on 7/28. Indicated I wanted to trade in. My account page, since then, only had "Order" checked, and nothing else was checked. Edit link has always been there.

I just switched from trade-in to cash, and "Prepare for Delivery" just got checked, and my edit link disappeared.

If this actually made a difference, this is a nice development!

Now I wonder what happens if I switch back to trade-in, for the tax savings ... (instead of selling my old car privately).

It doesn’t mean anything you forced the web portal to remove edit button. The bad part now is that if you need to edit you’ll be forced to do with email request. I had no edit button due to cash being selected for over 6 weeks before I got any movement