TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Switching from trade-in to cash made my edit link disappear

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jeanvaljean, Sep 5, 2018.

1. jeanvaljean

jeanvaljean Member

No reservation, placed an order for a blue AWD, white interior, 19" wheels, no EAP on 7/28. Indicated I wanted to trade in. My account page, since then, only had "Order" checked, and nothing else was checked. Edit link has always been there.

I just switched from trade-in to cash, and "Prepare for Delivery" just got checked, and my edit link disappeared.

If this actually made a difference, this is a nice development!

Now I wonder what happens if I switch back to trade-in, for the tax savings ... (instead of selling my old car privately).

2. Benihect

Benihect Member

It doesn’t mean anything you forced the web portal to remove edit button. The bad part now is that if you need to edit you’ll be forced to do with email request. I had no edit button due to cash being selected for over 6 weeks before I got any movement

3. jeanvaljean

jeanvaljean Member

Sigh, good to know, thanks.

4. Canikony

Canikony Member

This is nothing new. It also doesn't mean anything.

5. ddm3

ddm3 Member

You can still edit your config by using this URL
    Tesla SSO – Login

6. jeanvaljean

jeanvaljean Member

Fair enough. I thought as much, but nonetheless got excited for a minute or two. Back to waiting now.

7. Benihect

Benihect Member

For as long as this loophole is open