TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Switching from WiFi to 3G Flakey

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by RDoc, Jun 30, 2015.

1. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I've noticed several times when I've driven out of my garage which has WiFi that the car doesn't seem to switch over to 3G to update the maps. Once I'm off the cached tiles, I don't see any map tiles and the WiFi symbol is still on, but there's no 3G symbol.

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

After 30 days of ownership I just noticed this yesterday. My 3G at home is one bar but reliable so I turned WiFi off. I think this will get fixed in a future update.

3. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Unfortunately, inside my garage the 3G is pretty much non-existent.

Perhaps when they set up the 4G upgrade, they'll also fix the handoff issue. I must say though that I've been very disappointed in Tesla's connectivity design.

4. jskenney

jskenney Happy Member

I am noticing this with my new 70D as well (running .245). I have a good enough signal, but when I drive out of the garage and away from the house, the music always stops (slacker) and starts back up with a new song after a few seconds. I never experienced this with the S60 (which had older firmware). Nothing major, but hopefully is fixed in the next firmware.