Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching SC Bays often?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
i have noticed more frequently of late that the SC does not always charge at amperage. Twice already, I left my car at the SC at didn't pay attention when I left for a coffee break. Only to notice that the car was only charging at 50A and 90A respectively. Irritating. Any of you guys notice this? Is this due to just faulty systems in the SC?

This is quite often my experience: arrive at an SC, there's nobody there. Pull in to 1A. Connect up. Charge fail. Or very low rates. Disconect. Try another space. Charges fine, lots of juice.

Ironically this happens most, in my experience, at Tesla's "own" sites -- Hawthorne and Fremont.

I imagine you've already considered this, but is there another car next to you since each cabinet covers 2 supercharger spots?

I believe most supercharging stations don't work that way (at least the ones in Oregon and Washington)
They are paired like this (in Centralia):
[1A][2A] [3A][4A] [5A][1B] [2B][3B] [4B][5B]

Where 1A and 1B are on the same circuit etc.

I had sent an email to ownership asking them to add lights to the superchargers when you pull up to it:
'Green == ready'
'Yellow == 1/2 charge (somebody's on the other one)'
'Blue (or some other color) == in use and charging.

Side note: Never heard back. I've emailed ownership like 6 times about various ideas or questions (Washington extended warranty etc..), and I've yet to *ever* hear back from them. I suspect [email protected] > /dev/null

Regarding lights on chargers. Perhaps if more folks emailed ownership, since they seem to have a mail filter for my email address.

Try calling them. Tell them you've sent multiple emails but haven't heard back and wanted to make sure they got them. I guess there is a very small chance they didn't get them for some reason but likely they didn't respond for some reason.