Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland - Tesla Model 3 - Aftermarket Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for experience and guidance on the Tesla Model 3 aftermarket rims.

I have M3 Performance and I would be keen to have 19" inch rims for winter. I have seen that it is possible, but don't know the regulations around it in Switzerland.
  • Does someone have experience if this is allowed?
  • I would be happy to take recommendations on the rims and shops where to get them?

Same here... as I'm checking the viability to buy aftermarket instead of the 19" from the start.

I know that you can send an email to the "road trafic office" with your VIN number and ask them the list of permitted rims/whells sizes... I live in VD and i'v asked for this on my current vehicle.
If the combo you want is not on the list, I don't know exactly what we need more. some people talk about a CoC paper, some say it's not enough...

anyways I found the law in question on the official website, but I can't understand it well enough to interpret.
FR: Directives no 2a
DE: Richtlinien Nr. 2a

Euromaster (in Germany) told me there are very few rims to choose from (in fact he didnt mention any) because it takes time for the rim manufacturer to get their rims approved for a new vehicle like model 3.
My ”solution” will be to replace the OEM summer tires with a set of wintertires here in November. Then in spring buy a set of summerrims and have my current summer tires mounted on them. Waiting until spring may increase the number of rims to choose between.

Alternatively, you can buy a set of rims and take them to the Motorfahrzeugkontrolle and get them approved for your car specifically. The rims will then be added to the Fahrzeugausweis. I have this done in my old ICE car which has winterrims that I imported from Germany.

I researched this a lot myself. I went with Dope Industries to get the Brixton RF7’s with Swiss Homologation.

Start | Dope Industries

Alternatively, this is a great shop for anything Tesla 3rd party in Switzerland and they offer many of the TSportline, RPM and Unplugged Performance parts with homologation. I bought my Unplugged Coilovers from them and got full homologation. Ask for Miroslav if you want to speak with them in English!

Tesla Tuning Schweiz | Online Shop | Forcar Concepts

For either one, I’d appreciate it if you’d tell them Craig sent you!

Reactions: Temiatwork
Here are some photos of my rims. These are bolt on compatible with Tesla Model 3 Performance (large rotors). I chose a staggered setup with larger wheels in the back to sit flush with the fenders. No spacers or anything:

0CF85130-04D4-418F-B9F7-048F18F894C0.jpeg
693E0029-7485-4D4C-8943-32AF01AC1FC2.jpeg

Reactions: totteraptor
Same here... as I'm checking the viability to buy aftermarket instead of the 19" from the start.

I know that you can send an email to the "road trafic office" with your VIN number and ask them the list of permitted rims/whells sizes... I live in VD and i'v asked for this on my current vehicle.
If the combo you want is not on the list, I don't know exactly what we need more. some people talk about a CoC paper, some say it's not enough...

anyways I found the law in question on the official website, but I can't understand it well enough to interpret.
FR: Directives no 2a
DE: Richtlinien Nr. 2a
Please post the list when you receive it

I asked the Tesla Service Center in Möhlin (Switzerland) and got the answer that in Switzerland each and every model of rim must be approved by the fahrzeugkontrolle. In Germany it is easier because it is allowed to use any rim that has the exact same dimensions as the OEM rim dimension - this is NOT the case in Switzerland - the manufacturer must seek specific approval for each model.

I asked the Tesla Service Center in Möhlin (Switzerland) and got the answer that in Switzerland each and every model of rim must be approved by the fahrzeugkontrolle. In Germany it is easier because it is allowed to use any rim that has the exact same dimensions as the OEM rim dimension - this is NOT the case in Switzerland - the manufacturer must seek specific approval for each model.
I have my Brixton RF7’s in a staggered setup certified and approved with an entry on my official grey card.

I am very interested to hear how specifically you got your set up approved?? A LOT of us are looking for non-standard rims....
How much did it cost? What paperwork was required? What was required to actually give the approval?
I bought mine from these guys which Brixton informed me was an official dealer in Switzerland:

Start | Dope Industries

They handle everything. I received a certificate from them and went to the cantonal “bureau des automobile” to have them enter them on my grey card for the car. They will do a technical inspection to verify that what the vendor put on the certificate matches what is on the car. Cost me 70 Chf.

• Informative
Reactions: totteraptor