Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Felixtb

quick question: when you do the morges -> winterthur do you charge to 100% or are you able to do it with 90 or even 80 percent?

thanks!

I have never done Geneva Zurich but I do Morges Winterthur often and always arrive with more than 100km of estimated range left so I suspect that Geneva Zurich should be no problems. I usually keep a speed around the limits (give or take a few percent :))

Hi,

Just bought my new S85D! Waiting for delivery "late July". How accurate is this date based on the my Tesla account?

Really looking forward on sharing experiences with all of you!

Meanwhile I have already sold my actual car (way faster than expected), so I am "carless"...any suggestions on how and where can I rent a cost effective car?

Thanks!

Hi Sandro,

Welcome to the wait! I also ordered an S85D a few days ago in Zurich. However I have chosen a November delivery in the hopes that there may be some hardware upgrades to the S announced at the same time as the Model X. If nothing changes I am still very happy though! (I decided to order now as I managed to get in just before the price increase)

I think late July is pretty accurate, although may be first week of August if you are unlucky?

How are you planning on setting up charging in your home? is it a house or an apartment?

Cant help you with car rentals - I am new to Zurich. Maybe someone else can help?

Enjoy and let us know how the delivery goes.

Hi,

Just bought my new S85D! Waiting for delivery "late July". How accurate is this date based on the my Tesla account?

Really looking forward on sharing experiences with all of you!

Meanwhile I have already sold my actual car (way faster than expected), so I am "carless"...any suggestions on how and where can I rent a cost effective car?

Thanks!

Tesla and Tesla Club Schweiz thank you very much for supporting us during our road-trip

menno.jpg

(see: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/44673-Road-Trip-8-10-Mei-2015/page9 for more pictures)

Miriam Melchers, Jochen Rudat, Johanna Hasenmaile, Pierre Uhl & Francesco Baldini helped us very well while preparing for the trip and the trip itself was great thanks to the help of Marco from Tesla, Remo Regalbuto (who joined us in St. Moritz) and especially Pierre Uhl who joined us a whole day while in the Lago Maggiore Region. He helped us parking in Locarno, drove in front of us with his roadster (followed by Marco to assure us that the roads were wide enough to drive the model S :biggrin:during our fantastic afternoon trip to Malesco and Cannobio and in the evening he arranged a great menu in a wonderful restaurant (Grotto Lauro) where everybody did a great job to give us a wonderful authentic experience (incl. Polenta :cool:). On our way home we were welcomed by Bastian and Lasse from Tesla in Luxemburg.

We travelled in 3 days through 9 countries (NL-D-CH-I-Li-A-F-Lux-B) with 6 Tesla's and the the most beautiful parts were of course the trips in Northern Italy and Switzerland.
What a great region to enjoy the Tesla to the full. All the power going up and because of the regen almost no "classic" breaking needed...

Because of the support of Tesla, because everybody in this great group did their part and because of the enthusiastic reception and support by local Tesla this has become an unforgettable trip for all of us....

Please feel free to re-post / link to this post in your own forum!

Last edited:
Hi there, Tesla owners in Switzerland!
I am very happy with my Model S 85D, received at the end of April. What I'm struggling with is the fiscal situation around this great vehicle. To summarize:
- An owner of a Tesla Model S 85 will pay 0 CHF during the first 3 years of ownership, CHF 492 per year from the 4th year on.
- An owner of a Tesla Model S 85D will pay 813 CHF per year, starting from the 1st year.
If I optimistically assume an ownership of 10 years, the happy S 85 owner will have paid CHF 3444 to the state, while the less lucky S 85D owner will have contributed CHF 8130 in total. The estimated difference in "CO2 equivalent" is 4g/km (20g/km for the 85, 24g/km for the 85D).
Fair? Yes, if you listen to the Office de la Circulation et de la Navigation of Canton de Fribourg. Not so much if you are in my shoes...
Not that I wish for the 85 owners to pay more, of course. I just really really think the exemption for 3 years should be granted to all e-vehicles.
How is it for you, owners of Model S in other Swiss cantons?
Thanks for sharing!
comparison.jpg

Hi 42.

I was wondering how your doing with your new tesla? how have the first week been?

I am also in Zurich and have my tesla on order but I decided to delay delivery until november.

Btw - did you look at different options for the front licence plate? I wish it were possible to put it right at the bottom of the front grill like the old cars without the radar. Did you look at putting it on the side? not sure I would like the a-symmetry though.

Hope you are enjoying it, I am keeping an eye out for your licence plates on the streets of ZH :)

The first week was painful as I had not enough time. Time to drive it as long as it deserves to be driven... ;) Still, I can stick to my initial statement: call it 'reserves', in any situation that might come. Especially for me, not being used to drive super cars and the like that much. This beast is just ready in every single moment. Absurd responsiveness ;)

I had a short look at mounting the license plate down there, on the grille, to the side. But then, it's just so much easier to make Tesla mount it, drive off/home, and don't look back. I don't mind it being up there in the middle, and I just wasn't in the mood of ordering something different, fumble around at home, only to have the Alfa-like off-center down-there look ;)

Hi Guys,
Here I am a New member of this club.
Last week I confirmed my New Tesla.
It will be a S85D Ocean Blue, black interior, 21 rim, smart air suspension, auto pilot. Matte Obeche wood interior. :biggrin:
I hope it will go in production very soon. Estimated delivery date is August.:cool:
I live in South Ticino and i work for a financial istitute (Bank) as a consultant.
This week I'll have a meeting with an'electrician of Alpiq to see where would be best to mount a 400v 16a red socket. A guy from Alpiq told me that I need to have a FI typ B to charge an eletric car, because a new legislation came up this year in Switzerland.:confused::scared:
Did you already heard about thath?

Talk to you soon.
have a nice afternoon.

Paragliding

Hello,
Congratulations!
Just for comparison, I had a 16A socket installed in my garage, the total cost (including necessary changes to the "tableau") was CHF 1027. This included work & materials. I had a written proposal by the local electricity provider, they did the work quite fast and it is working perfectly. I didn't try to understand the details of their proposal...
Happy waiting!