Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats TMS! problem is every day in transit will feel longer than before! Looking forward to your updates.

On another topic, would someone in the Zurich Area who has a Model S (preferably 85kwh) be able to do me a favour? I would like to ask to do some routings in the Nav to my frequant destinations that are quite far away be to see how the Tesla routes, and how much charge does it predict to have left when it gets to destination? Would just need some pictures of the Nav with the destinations punched in. I have tried this several times at the Tesla showroom but always got unlucky and the cars only had 50% so battery so was not able to route. If anyone willing to help me out perhaps we could chat over PM?

Thanks!

The final countdown: Hi all

Ordered my Model S with delivery at end of june 2015.
The car was ready at 9th of july and I'm going to pick it up at the Service Center in Cham next tuesday, 21st July. I'm rally happy.
Model S85D, multicoat red, 19' Rims, the "old" Tech Pack, sound pack, Winter Pack, pano roof. Will install Rial Lugano rims and teint windows ASAP. Live in Ticino. Have a nice evening.

The final countdown: Hi all

Ordered my Model S with delivery at end of june 2015.
The car was ready at 9th of july and I'm going to pick it up at the Service Center in Cham next tuesday, 21st July. I'm rally happy.
Model S85D, multicoat red, 19' Rims, the "old" Tech Pack, sound pack, Winter Pack, pano roof. Will install Rial Lugano rims and teint windows ASAP. Live in Ticino. Have a nice evening.

hi Rossman. Big day tomorrow. Congratulations! Take some pictures for us!

Congrats TMS! problem is every day in transit will feel longer than before! Looking forward to your updates.

On another topic, would someone in the Zurich Area who has a Model S (preferably 85kwh) be able to do me a favour? I would like to ask to do some routings in the Nav to my frequant destinations that are quite far away be to see how the Tesla routes, and how much charge does it predict to have left when it gets to destination? Would just need some pictures of the Nav with the destinations punched in. I have tried this several times at the Tesla showroom but always got unlucky and the cars only had 50% so battery so was not able to route. If anyone willing to help me out perhaps we could chat over PM?

Thanks!

Sorry for the wait, I have not forgotten to check the routes. First time I was there, my 85D was at 78% charge, which means 317 typical miles left (at delivery, it showed 407 TR when fully charged, now 405). It has been discussed in the german forum also, people think charges below 80% (or was it 90%?) may lead to strange behaviour of the beta trip planner - if it thinks you cannot reach your destination OR REACH IT WITH LITTLE CHARGE LEFT only, then it routes you to the neares supercharger first, to make sure you make it there. Then, it hops along the chargers - that's a safe way, but it may lead to supid results. It can lead you to a supercharger in the opposite direction of travel, only because it is a little closer. Won't go into that, just tested it:

from Winkel, parking lot at the post office / vis-à-vis the small shop, next to bus stop "Zentrum", to three destinations in the south west of Switzerland:

Car info:

317tr_78.JPG

to Founex:

317tr_78_founex.JPG

to Verbier:

317tr_78_verbier.JPG

to Vercorin:

317tr_78_vercorin.JPG

As you can see, two things are important:
1. the route in the middle routing picture, to Verbier, wants you to drive to Beckenried supercharger first, because it might be a tad closer to the starting point in Winkel. If charging was necessary, normally one would drive via Egerkingen instead. Maybe it knew of traffic jam and routed accordingly around Argovia?
2. All targets shoud be possible to reach without charging.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I wasn't happy with that. So yesterday, I decided to visit Dietlikon supercharger, top it up, and let it route again (Please note: Topping up to 100% charge level is NOT as bad as you think, according to the personal message you sent me. The bad thing is to top up an let the car stand around for longer times, like that. If you are going to drive, it's not a deal. That's what range charging / topping up is used for).

From Dietlikon supercharger to Winkel, Zentrum, it took me around 15 minutes, 14.2 km @ 198 Wh/km (cooling necessary, as yesterday it was hot!)

Car info:

391tr_96.JPG

to Founex:

391tr_96_founex.JPG

to Verbier:

391tr_96_verbier.JPG

to Vercorin:

391tr_96_vercorin.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow, the trip planner seems to like superchargers. It wants you to stop, even if you only have to charge for 0, 5, and 0 minutes again. Strange. Deal with the shops/hotels? ;) Or it just feels unconfortable to let you arrive with low charge.

If you plan to stay over night and you've got a possibility to charge at your destination, you can manualle remove the superchargers from the route. This is what you might find useful, finally: Same starting charge of 96% / 391 km typical range, all chargers removed, it is possible to reach ALL of you destinations without charging (which I knew before ;) ):

to Founex:

391tr_96_founex_w'out_SuC.JPG

to Vebier:

391tr_96_verbier_w'out_SuC.JPG

to Vercorin:

391tr_96_vercorin_w'out_SuC.JPG

Guys, was wondering if you knew on what basis a tesla will be taxed in Geneva canton after the 3 years license plate fees exemption?

Thanks for your help!
And by the way if one of you guys wants to sell a used s85 with at 60k, I am a buyer!;-) cheers

Maxime