Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

just found this thread so I thought I would write my first post here and say hello!:smile:

I have been trolling around in here for some time now so here we go!

Ordered last September in SC Cham, pretty much the "full experience".
Only thing I didn't care for was the supa dupa Hifi (seems to me the one you get by default is good) and the winter pack (you know..Ticino) :)
So it would be a P90D, Ludicrous, black New Gen inside, solid white outside, pano roof and on grey 21" rims.

ETA is late December/January'16

Cheers,
j.

I miss the old display though - the new one shows a lot of info I don't need. I know that there is a car in front of me - I don't need 50% of the screen taken up by an animation of the car and the road. It looks cool but does not help me at all / it might even distract people.

I got it on Sunday night - so far it works! But it seems a little unsteady - sometimes it totally loses track of the road and makes jerky moves - I guess it needs a 1.01 update :)

a little concerning that it made jerky moves but sounds like its got huge potential.

I was reading elsewhere on the forum that in some parts of Europe autopilot requires you to hold the steering wheel during lane change (this is different from the AP seen in the US). What was this like for you?

Keep enjoying! my car is in production and hopefully will be arriving late december!

Hello everyone

Does anyone in Switzerland have v7.0 yet with AP? If so very curious to hear about your feedback!

Got it on Sunday morning. I have limited experience with it so far, but am rather positively surprised. It works really well on the motorway, including the blinker-initiated lane change, which feels quite safe.
To me, one thing does not feel so safe: the positioning of the car within the detected lane. For instance, when passing a large truck, the car's choice is to stay exactly in the middle of the lane as if it was passing a Fiat 500. My choice when doing this manually is to push against the left side of the lane to leave nice wide space between me and the truck.

Let's see what future updates bring...

I have the same experience with regard to positioning on the road - sometimes it's a tad too close to the middle median. Lane change works with your hands off - but honestly I always keep my hands on it just to be safe. Oh and I really love the new collision detection graphics on the main display - they are very detailed and way more accurate than before.

I fully agree: I find the new display way better than the old one. Uncluttered, not a source of distraction at all. When I want to know something, a quick glance usually gives the answer. Especially glad they removed the speed dial, which was not helping at all, with all "normal" speeds gathered in the lower-left corner.

Also, I love the permanent display of the currently set cruise speed on the smaller dial. Great to be able to decide whether to simply do a "resume" or set a new speed. Also great to get confirmation that you set the desired target speed even when currently speed-limited by a car in front of you.

Hello all,

I got my V7.0 last Saturday. I tested AP on motorways, and it worked flawlessly, even on curves! TACC is much more responsive now, and you don't need to push the accelerator to re-activate it after a short stop! It just holds and continues to move by itself. It is also much smoother in a stop-and-go traffic. I didn't try auto park yet so I cannot comment on it. One nice addition in V7.0 is the Hill-Hold feature where you don't need to keep pushing the brakes anymore. This is specially useful when using creep-mode.
I really like the new interface design in V7.0 as it is much easier to read and get more information about the car in a glance. I just feel like I have a new car now :smile:
Regarding charging: Like mbaier, I don't see the need to use other charging stations at all, especially in Switzerland. I only do home charging using 3x380Vx16A, or the occasional supercharger.

Same experience with charging: home 16A plug + superchargers have always been enough so far.

I did check the conditions of some public charging services and was shocked by the prices. MOVE, for example: CHF 96.00 per year for the subscription, CHF 0.50 per kWh for "normal" points, CHF 0.80 per kWh for "rapid" points. For charging an empty S85, that would mean CHF 68.00, right?

Thank you Tesla Motors for the Supercharger network! :biggrin:

Hello all,

I got my V7.0 last Saturday. I tested AP on motorways, and it worked flawlessly, even on curves! TACC is much more responsive now, and you don't need to push the accelerator to re-activate it after a short stop! It just holds and continues to move by itself. It is also much smoother in a stop-and-go traffic. I didn't try auto park yet so I cannot comment on it. One nice addition in V7.0 is the Hill-Hold feature where you don't need to keep pushing the brakes anymore. This is specially useful when using creep-mode.
I really like the new interface design in V7.0 as it is much easier to read and get more information about the car in a glance. I just feel like I have a new car now :smile:

Have most people gotten their upgrade to v7.0 yet....? I am still waiting...... :-(