Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all your responses regarding charging cards. Quite interesting to see that the consensus seems to be that they are not needed.

mbaier - you say you charge at shopping malls. do you need some kind of card or are they free?

My car status has gone from "in production" to "in transit" today. Looking forward to delivery. Question for everyone: How long did it take to ship for you?

;) I don't recall how long the actual delivery was in the end. I think it was at least 3 to 4 weeks...
e02c2df91aa327f04778781961541172.jpg

My car status has gone from "in production" to "in transit" today. Looking forward to delivery. Question for everyone: How long did it take to ship for you?

Hi AziwA,
mine took exactly 67 days, from the day production ended and the car status became "in transit", until I received the keys, although the car was already in Switzerland at least 10 days earlier!

Gute morgen!
I am a dutch Tesla-driver to be (delivery december '15) and came to your blog through the 'Benelux and Netherlands' group. In February I have planned a ski trip to the ever beautiful Saas-Fee and cannot find any details on possible charging points in the community parking/garage. I have checked the local Tourist Office but could only indicate that there are some points, but no specs, etc.
Does one of you perhaps have a great tool/map/list with all chargers in Switzerland (maybe I need one) or has experience with the Parking in Saas-Fee?
Would be highly appreciated!
Pieter Vogelaar, Netherlands

Hi Pieter,

In the region of Wallis (Valais) there is no problem in charging your Tesla. I have attached a .pdf with some different charging point.
You could use this internet site to better see where you can charge in Switzerland. http://lemnet.org/map/?hl=en
In Martigny aprox 95Km north-west from Saas Fee there is a Tesla Supercharger on the Highway.

Greetings from Switzerland
Andrea

View attachment Saas Fee chargers and Martigny Supercharger.pdf

Hello again,

I have a question in regards to tires:

My 85D will be delivered in late December / Early January with 19" summer tires. My plan is to have two sets of tires: 1) 19" Winter 2) 21" Summer. Unfortunately the car will be deliverd with 19" Continental Summer tires which means I still need to buy 2 sets of tires!

My questions are:

What winter tires are you using? My primary requirement is low noise and soft ride. Any recomendations? Tesla proposed to sell me Pirelli Winter Sotto Zero 2.

Would anybody be interested in purchasing a set of stock new 245/45/19 Contiental Summer tires?

Many thanks

Will get my winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero) this weekend. Will report later how they are.

Got Autopilot since about 2 weeks now. Drove twice between Bern and Zürich. First time was a bit strange to leave control to the car but managed everything OK. On the return (late night with rain and limited visibility) i decided to take over after a few close-ups with trucks. I could hardly see the lines and I guess autopilot has the same issues with low visibility.
Second trip was almost perfect. Last Saturday afternoon with intense traffic. Autopilot asked me to intervene only about 2-3 times to hold steering wheel. Additional lane change takes a bit too long for my taste and always asks to hold wheel.
Would be great if it would identify speed limits (happening 5-6 times) on the trip and adapt to my settings (ideally define deviation +/- to speed limit).

Does anyone know how to change the left hand display (clock when not in navigation mode)?

Does anyone know how to change the left hand display (clock when not in navigation mode)?

Hi, just keep pressing the scroll button on the left of the steering wheel until you get the screen where you can change the display to whatever you choose.

I am by the way also still waiting for my set of 4xwheels with winter tyres since early October, but according to the service center in Basel, Tesla is not able to deliver enough standard wheels from Holland at the moment!

according to the service center in Basel, Tesla is not able to deliver enough standard wheels from Holland at the moment!

I have a pair of standard 19" wheels on sale, they have been coated dark grey to have the same asthetic as the grey turbines. Had them on my old car. Now have new bronze colored ones. If interested message me.

Liebe Freunde!
Thanks to 'Paragliding' I have checked Lemnet for the Saas-Fee parking lot. I read that they have 3x charging with CH T25 connectors. These are not used in the Netherlands and therefore I am looking for a converter from CEE 5-pins IEC 60309 as used on the UMC.
Are these available/orderable on Internet? I have seen an expensive converterset of e-driver.net with all kind of connectors but I only need a few.

Thanks

Hi all
Today is online the new Forum in Italian language for all the Tesla's fans and followers of Elon Musk
Enjoy your Tesla
Forums

Ciao a tutti,
da oggi è online il nuovo Forum in lingua italiana per tutti gli appassionati di Tesla e followers di Elon Musk.
Vi aspettiamo e buon divertimento

Accepted job in Texas and will need to sell my Tesla 85 D from April 2015. Fully loaded, incl middle console and set of winter tires with hubs 19 inch. 17.000 perfect km driven.
Also selling never used Chadamo adapter, NRGkick mobile charger, ratio wall charger and additional charging cables.
Send pm if interested. Car in the Lausanne area.