Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swivel Screen Mount Kit: Any Reviews/Impressions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy this thing looks cool. I love the idea of the swivel version coming out that lets you adjust it back to neutral. Just seems to make sense when I'm the only one in the car to have it pointed at me. And I like the idea of it reducing glare without needing a matte screen protector.

Here's a thread about it on the M3 forum.

Anybody else with this have any thoughts or impressions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed mine. Does the metal bracket that holds the screen show when you turn the screen all the way to the right. Also, does your temperature sensor plastic cover on the shroud hit the charger cover?
Love mine, easy install.
20201210_072501.jpg
20201210_072454.jpg

Love the idea, great execution and I think it’s a perfect mod for the 3 and Y, Given that I’m a Virgo I personally won’t do it until the cloth gaiter becomes a more factory looking shell, which I respect as a challenge in and of itself!

I purchased the Teslamize swivel mount that has factory looking plastic cover instead of the simulated leather wrap. I always wanted one but thought the wrap was too hokey looking. This thing is amazing. Easy install and looks factory. $180.00 bucks and 20 minutes to install. The second picture is hard to get a visual of the cover because I shot it through the windshield looking down. Once you locate the cupholder you can see the perspective. Worth the money by all means.

Attachments

• swivel.jpg
    swivel.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Swivel 2.jpg
    Swivel 2.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 272
Hum, interesting, I was not aware of Teslamize's offering. I know the original one my Matt (Shumacher?) took great care of holding the cables so there would be no stress on the screen's connector as you move the screen. I didn't see anything of the sort on this implementation. Teslamize also don't ship outside US which disqualifies them for me... I'll continue to think about it :)

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I had absoultuely no issues with the install and the cables are actually long enough you have slack. I do recommend adding a little loctite to the four mounting screws just for insurance nothing comes loose. I would not want to make a habit of having to remove the screen if the screws loosened up. I definately think the molded plastic looks way better and more factory than the boot on the others. I would imagine they will follow suit after these get popular and the two piece cnc machined mount is way less bulky. They put some thought into the design. Post pics when your done.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
By the way, if you need guidance on the removal and wire handling the Teslamize removal and install video will work but I also referenced the rpmtesla video for the one they sell. It is much more clear when seeing how to remove the main screen harness. The Teslamize video did not show the white locking clip that keeps the cable connector from coming of the PCB. The rpmtesla video shows it clearly. Once you get everything removed, you can ditch the rpm video and follow the Teslamize install instructions. Should tak 20 minutes. I did power off the entire car when I did it just to be safe.

In addition, if their website shows out of stock, search eBAY, they have a page and sell them new there as well. I got mine off of their eBAY page. @GtiMart, not sure where you are located but on their eBAY page here are the shipping restrictions:

Excludes: Angola, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, French Polynesia, Libya, Mongolia, Suriname, Guyana, Panama, Mauritius, Brunei Darussalam, Chad, Madagascar, New Caledonia, Bahamas, Bermuda, Iran, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Western Sahara, Bolivia, Laos, Congo, Republic of the, Seychelles, Sudan, Guadeloupe, Venezuela, Somalia, Burma, Cuba, Republic of, Reunion, Yemen, Barbados, Belize, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Martinique, Dominica, Niger, French Guiana, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saudi Arabia, Nicaragua, Tajikistan, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, British Virgin Islands, Cape Verde Islands, Honduras, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Turks and Caicos Islands, Botswana, Eritrea, Swaziland, Lesotho

Even on eBay, it says: Ships to United States. Yes, they list those restrictions (I'm in Canada so not in the list) but if you look right above that list, you'll see that anyway it's USA only. Even if I could buy it, I don't know which kit I'd prefer at the moment. I know Matt's (and thus rpmTesla's) kit takes care of the cable and relieves tension on the screen connector, something the Teslamize kit doesn't do I think. That would stress me, more than the sleeve. I'll continue to think about it and complain in my head that my screen is fixed :)

All right, good idea. It's not about cable length by the way, it's about the sideways stress that moving the screen might induce on the connector itself. I do agree that if the cable is long enough, it shouldn't pull too much... The person that designed the Teslamize should look at how Matt added a clip close to the connector so that part stays straight.

Interesting, is it different from the factory clip? My cable has a red connector that plugs onto the PCB and then a large white clip that completely wraps around the connector on the board and the plug on the cable. Maybe not the same. BTW, he says if you are outside the US, message him on his site if interested and he will make arrangements to ship to you, only if the anxiety of the plug doesn't get to you!😁. Good luck with whatever you pick. Although I have had my car since October and I am the guy that already re-did the entire interior myself so I got over the apprehension of tearing things apart early on! It is a bit daunting in the begining but it's not terrible.

Attachments

• Clip.png
    Clip.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 209