Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swivel without dropping height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I’m Lex and I’m new here.

I’m curious if anyone knows if there is one of the swivel mounts for the screen in the “2021” Model 3/Y that does not drop the screen height by ~”1.6in” or “3cm,” and is able to keep the same OEM height?
Much thanks!
—Lex

Caroline,
Would you mind posting a link? Thanks!
—Lex
yes, please do provide a link of the product you speak of. I just installed the Bomely Fit 2017 - 2021 Screen Swivel Mount and was went this compared to all other models ... which basically have all the same parts and pieces.

My honest review after just half the day with it:

1) For model Y owners, it does drop the height of the screen. I use to be able to charge my iphone 13 pro max and see the entire iphone, messages, music, notification etc. With the installation of the swivel screen it only shows half of the bottom of the phone now. Kind of bummed but then i have to remind myself that I can get notification from the car of messages, calendar and phone calls.

2) The installation was straightforward but it did take awhile because i had to sit in all different weird angles to get screws off, unplug hardness and fit everything back in. The hardest part I would say is putting in the plastic pieces. Their tough but at times i felt like i was going to break the temp piece or mess up the wires to the screen.

3) the swivel does rotate enough to where the screen faces you. If you happen to have a lot of glare, this helps and puts the screen facing you when the sun is hitting the passenger side and you don't have a matte screen protector. It does look OEM and the install and pieces look like they came with the car. Is it a flush fit, no... but then most of tesla is known for small gaps here and there so I'm learning to live with that.

Attachments

• A7B7EDC7-B705-4132-9F2C-A778F5BE5721.jpeg
    A7B7EDC7-B705-4132-9F2C-A778F5BE5721.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
The swivel bracket gets installed *between* the screen and its original mounting lugs, so to avoid shifting the screen ridiculously far rearward it has to be relocated just below the original mounting lugs. There's no other way to do it without cutting away major parts of the original metal structure.

The swivel bracket gets installed *between* the screen and its original mounting lugs, so to avoid shifting the screen ridiculously far rearward it has to be relocated just below the original mounting lugs. There's no other way to do it without cutting away major parts of the original metal structure.
Ahhh, ok makes sense. I was unaware of this. I may get one, may not, I haven’t decided yet. Thanks!