Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SXM and "next/previous" left steering wheel buttons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I listen mostly to SXM in my 2018 Model X. I have about 8 favorites/presets on SXM and some with FM radio. Until recently, the "next" and "Previous" buttons (above/below the left scroll wheel) would cycle thru the SXM presets in the order they were saved (i.e., moving from channel 20 to 18 to 26 to 25, etc.) and same when in the FM band. This is how the Owner's Manual says these buttons should be working.

Now, the SXMs move numerically by the next station, with no regard for saved favorites/presets (so, from 20 to 21 to 22, etc.). However, they continue to move properly in the FM band. And with Spotify, move to next or previous song in the playlist being listened to.

Now, according to service center (and if you are lucky enough to get a live person on phone), the functionality of these buttons to move between saved favorites/presets has been eliminated, BUT ONLY WITH SXM!! They continue to work fine with FM and Spotify.

Is this just happening to me? Or are others experiencing the same thing? So disillusioned with Tesla now.

There is a long thread in the M3 forum where this is talked about around page 20.
Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

Why in the M3 forum? We do not have SXM in the M3 but it has been discovered that a MX SXM radio will work in the M3. The hard part is getting one's hands on a MX radio without a MX VIN. Any MX owners want to help some M3 owners out? Anyway, there is some good UI information in that thread.