Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SXM on Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All - my first post in this forum. I'm been driving a 2015 Model S for about 4 years, so I'm pretty well versed in the Tesla ecosystem. Just picked up a 2018 Model X - I needed the extra space and wanted newer features like Sentry Mode and Dashcam.

I assumed that all Model S and Model X models came with SXM capability (and I used it in my Model S). To my surprise, I cannot find SXM anywhere on my Model X - did they actually build models in 2018 without SXM capabilities standard?

Thanks.

Yes, and no. I believe all original 2018 MX had SXM. If it was an early Jan-Mar MX, it came with MCU1. If the MCU1 was upgraded to MCU2, FM and SXM would have been lost unless the Radio module (additional $500) was also installed with the MCU2. I opted not to get the Radio module, so I can't tell you where to look.

SXM capability was part of the Premium Audio package. This package was optional prior to September, 2018.

Check your Car's "Additional Vehicle Information". If it says Audio system: Base, then you do not have it. If it says Audio system: Premium -- then you should have it.