TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sxsw 2013

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by ElSupreme, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I am going to be in Austin (and Houston) for the first week of SXSW this year. I found out about two weeks ago that Elon Musk is the keynote on the first Saturday there.
    Elon Musk to Keynote SXSW Interactive | SXSW 2013

Sadly I won't be bringing the Tesla. This trip was possible by winning free airline tickets at a benefit evening. And there aren't any superchargers to convince me to drive 900+ miles. I'll be rocking my mom's BMW 5, my cousin's LEAF, my other cousin's Prius (Prius C I think), or a bicycle (my preference) if I can scrounge one up.

Any general SXSW tips otherwise?

2. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

My tips:
    1. Line up really early for the keynote. You wont get in otherways. Seriously. We were over an hour early for Al Gore and Sean Parker and didn't get in
    2. Take an umbrella and some GOOD shoes
    3. Stay up late and enjoy the main street
    4. RSVP ahead of times for clubs. I believe there is a facebook page with club RSVP information
    5. Network, talk to anyone when you're standing in line. We partied with some FaceBook guys just by passing time and asking their names.

3. Sousaphil

Sousaphil P2,595

I think we should try to get VIP passes for Elon's keynote. You'd think that would be a nice thing to do for Model S early adapters at SXSW. I wonder if he's hosting a party that weekend?

I sure hope you've booked a room already. Things have been full for a long time, and remaining places are VERY expensive.

Have breakfast at least once at the Driskill hotel. I love that place. Also, if you're a hotdog/sausage fan, Frank is awesome (I think it's on Colorado).

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Drive a Tesla while there.

Uber Blog s back for #SXSW13!