Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SYD - BNE Supercharger Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cassegrain Winery is actually a logical choice for the next Supercharger. It’ll allow non-stop to Byron - not that I’d ever want to do that long drive again. Of course it’s also a failsafe option in case you get ICE’d at the Observatory :) Actually I’m pretty sure that won’t ever happen again so it may the one Supercharger I never use.

100% agree with that. Intelligent self-interest, of course, as I often travel that way. However, it's a heavily trafficked route and might be a good location in future. Every Tesla person I have had contact with is clear on the Brisbane-Sydney route being populated with SCs first, though.

I don't know if our posts here have ANY clout, but I want the first supercharger north of Sydney to be at Hexham!! That way, those of us heading up the New England Hwy get a great start....

I'd like to second that! As someone who has done the great drive north many times both up the Pacific and the New England highways I can certainly see the benefits gained by doing this. Future inland rollouts to places like Scone and Tamworth would work well with this.

I’m guessing the Newcastle area SC has well & truly been found and secured. Of course I could be totally wrong. I agree with Mark E, it’s probably more convenient at West Wallsend or Seahampton for people heading towards the Upper Hunter & beyond on the Hunter Expressway.

Of course, there may be other reasons why it shouldn’t go there and it might be much better somewhere else with better proximity to good food & coffee. In any case, whether Heatherbrae, West Wallsend, Hexham, Nerong, Bulahdelah or elsewhere, an announcement can’t be too far away now.

New to the forum and have a MS 70D Titanium on the way. Tesla nut for many years (roadster days) and finally convinced the wife to let me buy one. Had my first drive in Melb Oct 2014 P85+. Planning road trip from Gold Coast to Sydney early Oct 2016. Hoping that the SCs will be in place so can make it down in one day. Collin suggests that Byron Bay is on the cards. Hoping that SC is on the hyw near Byron and not in Byron itself as bit of a detour? Any ideas on location? I have worked out that I need at least an SC at Coffs and am worried about the trip from Port Macquarie to Sydney as seems to long to make with 5 pass and luggage in a 70D. Anyone done the trip from Port to Sydney in a 70D nonstop? P.S I see a number of Tesla S in my suburb/area and spotted a new one this morning, black with plates "KUSHI". There is at least 4, 1 White, 1 Red, 2 x Black now. See in the Somerset College area near me.

Has anyone else checked out the offical Supercharger map on teslamotors.com in the last few days? When you select the 2016 option it shows a lot more "coming soon" locations now than it originally did. Either it's glitched of there going all out

k9nE3JW.jpg