Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SYD - BNE Supercharger Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I raised the weird supercharger route map with Heath via Twitter. He was unaware, so I sent him a screenshot. His response was “thanks, we will get it fixed"

Awesome :) I had the same thought as baillies, that they probably didn't remove the old markers when adding the new ones by mistake. Glad I helped out a bit! Would Heath have more details on how much in AUD the model 3 reservation will be, I would of thought they could reserve early like U.S staff but I called up and they still have no idea

How about between Sydney and Port Macquarie? Having just drove it, that was about the only leg between Melbourne and Scotts Head (just 75 ks south of Coffs) that was anywhere close to a challenge (I arrived still with 70ks to spare but I have a 90D).

One planned in there too, somewhere around Newcastle. Whilst I heard on very good authority Byron Bay and Coffs Harbour locations were confirmed, exact location of the Newcastle(ish) one is not yet.

Reactions: Chuq and Ramjet73
The Newcastle SC has been touted as around Heatherbrae, which is good for north/south bound traffic. I think they're missing a step though especially with future planning. This doesn't do much for the New England Highway. Quite a decent detour to get over there. Also, Heatherbrae will hopefully be bypassed at some point in the near future when they link the F3-M1.

They could look for location around Thorton/Tarro/Beresfield (the servo on John Renshaw Drive is a good option) that would service all of this traffic and not result in a major detour. It would also remain good location when they finally finish the highway, I have attached the link for the current highway plan.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents...e-upgrade/m1-raymond-terrace-detailed-map.pdf

West Wallsend would be perfect for North/South and the Hunter Expressway traffic but a little detour for the New England and Vineyards traffic.

I am guessing they're collecting enough data from the cars to know what current Tesla owners are doing and that will determine the 'best' place for the Newcastle SC.

This is total heresay, but the guy who runs Cassegrains (where the PMG Supoercharger is) told me, that the Tesla guys who came there to see him, told him that Byron Bay and Coffs Harbour were quite advanced in their planning. Take from that what you will!!
I wish they'd put a Euroa type sled into Coffs or Grafton! Straight away Syd-Bris is easy without drama.

This is total heresay, but the guy who runs Cassegrains (where the PMG Supoercharger is) told me, that the Tesla guys who came there to see him, told him that Byron Bay and Coffs Harbour were quite advanced in their planning. Take from that what you will!!

Certainly sounds like a reliable source :) I'll snoop around the council pages and see what I can find..

I wish they'd put a Euroa type sled into Coffs or Grafton! Straight away Syd-Bris is easy without drama.

The problem is that it then may become semi-permanent, like Euroa (was there ever any news on upgrading that site? Has two bays been sufficient?)